`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Optic ... should've just set my money on fire

Optic ... should've just set my money on fire
Stopped by the old LCS today to grab my annual hobby box of Stadium Club. They were out of stock. So not wanting to waste the trip, I decided to drop $90 on Optic.

In hindsight, a bonfire would've been a better use of money. Absolute, complete garbage.

Prizms:
20190721_020010

Rated Rookie Prizms
20190721_020033

The "good" inserts (at least Soto is a Prizm)
20190721_020125
20190721_020147

Prospects
20190721_020203

Color - Lowe /199, Rizzo /60, Hiura /125
20190721_015922

The "Hits" - Perez /75
20190721_020228

And for my second auto ... oh yeah, that's right, I didn't get my second auto. I should've waited until they got restocked on Stadium Club - at least I like the look of those.
Kepler

RE: Optic ... should've just set my money on fire
Ouch!

(07-21-2019, 10:27 AM)btrav13 Wrote: Ouch!

Yeah, yesterday was not my day. Had to get my brakes fixed, ended up in the ER, and then came home after midnight and busted this box.

Today, even with nothing happening, has been a vast improvement.
Kepler

(07-21-2019, 03:28 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: Yeah, yesterday was not my day. Had to get my brakes fixed, ended up in the ER, and then came home after midnight and busted this box.

Today, even with nothing happening, has been a vast improvement.
That's a brutal weekend. Glad you're out of the hospital!

Ouch man. That sucks. But as I've said before, non licensed stuff is junk. I wouldn't touch this.

Hope you're doing better, buddy.
Cards ain't as important as your health, but assuming you're okay, that box of Optic needs a hospital visit for hit-anemia. WTF: only 1 auto per Hobby box? That doesn't seem right! Unless you got a points card instead, which kinda sucks just as much. Sorry you didn't do so great, but at least you're not hospitalized any more!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(07-21-2019, 11:06 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Hope you're doing better, buddy.
Cards ain't as important as your health, but assuming you're okay, that box of Optic needs a hospital visit for hit-anemia. WTF: only 1 auto per Hobby box? That doesn't seem right! Unless you got a points card instead, which kinda sucks just as much. Sorry you didn't do so great, but at least you're not hospitalized any more!
I'm doing way better - just got really dehydrated and terrible leg cramps. Because of the location, and an unrelated low oxygen level, they thought I might have a clot. Luckily, I didn't and was out of the ER in a few hours.

The box was supposed to have 2 autos, but one was missing. I'm gonna try to contact Panini customer service, but I'm guessing that "average of 2 autographs" per box they mention means I won't get anything out of it.

Sadly, a points card would've been the best hit of this box.
Kepler

Jared, my friend, just remember ... although you only got one auto, that allows some other happy collector somewhere to pull three autos in his box ... for an average of two autos per box!

(just razzing you big guy ... glad the ER worked out OK)

I'll trade you something decent for the Casey Mize and the Vladdy Jr. if you're up for it ... PM me, thanks!

RJ

(07-21-2019, 07:19 PM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: Ouch man. That sucks. But as I've said before, non licensed stuff is junk. I wouldn't touch this.
Who are the licensed baseball producers?

(07-22-2019, 10:53 AM)btrav13 Wrote: Who are the licensed baseball producers?
Topps, pretty much.