`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 Young Prospects: Hold or Fold?

3 Young Prospects: Hold or Fold?
I don't play poker, but I would like comments or advice on whether to hold the cards of these 3 players or fold and get rid of them while the price is high.

None of these are PC or favorite team affiliated:

1. 2018 Bowman Chrome Draft Autographs #CDANG Nolan Gorman

2. 2018 Elite Extra Edition Contenders USA Collegiate Tickets Signatures #15 Adley Rutschman

3. 2018 Elite Extra Edition Contenders College Tickets Signatures Gold #15 Nick Madrigal

Also, all 3 were in personal box breaks so my investment is not measurable to determine if I have a windfall or not.

What do you think? (don't tell me to get rid of them and then make an offer...) Btw, I had 3 autos of Eloy Jimenez #/5, #/75, and #/100. I sold them when the White Sox picked him up from the Cubs, and the price at the time is the same now. I may regret it later if he continues to improve.

RE: 3 Young Prospects: Hold or Fold?
From what I hear Madrigal looks to be a solid big league prospect and he's having a good year. May want to hold onto that one. Not sure about the other two.

(06-28-2019, 10:03 AM)mgruber2 Wrote: From what I hear Madrigal looks to be a solid big league prospect and he's having a good year. May want to hold onto that one. Not sure about the other two.
Thanks for the comment.

Being Elite autos, I'm not sure it's going to make a whole lot of difference. The Bowman/Chrome autos are the ones that will go up significantly if the player(s) ever reach the big league level.

I don't prospect, but I have heard of Gorman. I pulled a Blue CHrome Draft out of a single pack last year. Never had heard of the guy until I looked it up on ebay to get the value to sell it. Was shocked at his values. I think he's a hold kind of guy.

Ive heard really good things about Gorman. Probably too early to know on Rutschman.

I'd hold onto the adley had to look him up but being 1st overall pick he could be worth holding. The other 2 I would sell but it's up to you Nolan seams to be a good player, nick is good but position wise dosnt have a spot open as yoan moncada is also at second.
Selling my org out
Rolleyes

Thanks, everybody. I am not a high-end collector and typically I trade away anything over $100, but finding stuff I want for those kind of values is tough, and I have never used eBay to sell, so...tough decision whether to start with these!

(06-28-2019, 10:45 AM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Thanks, everybody. I am not a high-end collector and typically I trade away anything over $100, but finding stuff I want for those kind of values is tough, and I have never used eBay to sell, so...tough decision whether to start with these!
I don't know what the Gorman auto books for but if you want to get rid of it, I will gladly take it off your hands.

Nice cards. The Gorman is definitely a nice prospect with Madrigal in second. I would be interested in either if I have anything you need
Looking for HOF auto's in Baseball, Basketball and Hockey.

Always open to trading!

Photo Bucket
http://s949.photobucket.com/albums/ad331...49_bucket/

(06-28-2019, 11:16 AM)cspen Wrote: I don't know what the Gorman auto books for but if you want to get rid of it, I will gladly take it off your hands.
$170 shipped for the Gorman, which is discounted at a large chunk! Cool

(06-28-2019, 11:37 AM)greekgoony Wrote: Nice cards. The Gorman is definitely a nice prospect with Madrigal in second. I would be interested in either if I have anything you need
I wouldn't be able to trade them because of the reasons in my earlier post. I am either holding until they hit the majors or selling them now.