`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 Topps Museum Injury

2019 Topps Museum Injury
I am still licking my wounds from a 3-box personal break of Museum. I love the product but have always avoided spending that kind of money on it.

Well, I took the plunge this year and hit rock bottom! Nothing from the 3 boxes are worth mentioning, although the breaker thought my Justus Sheffield auto #/299 was something to get excited about (did nothing for me).

And, some guy named Tris Speaker with memorabilia #/15 made some who watched raise an eyebrow.

My only option is to hold on to the autos & mem cards and hope the prices of hobby boxes somehow go up. Undecided

RE: 2019 Topps Museum Injury
Tris Speaker hit .345 and is in the Hall of Fame ... that's a pretty good hit!

But yeah, I have never been brave enough to go much higher end than Bowman on the box busting scale ... for every Trout auto I think I'm going to pull, there's about a thousand other white jersey swatches of Player X that I just don't care about.

Did you pull any good RCs or parallels?

I would be interested in trading for the Tris Speaker if you were interested in moving it.

(06-21-2019, 04:42 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Did you pull any good RCs or parallels?
Once I get them in the mail I will let you know.

(06-21-2019, 04:53 PM)akaus Wrote: I would be interested in trading for the Tris Speaker if you were interested in moving it.
I am. Once I get it from the breaker maybe we can work something out.

Tris Speaker is actually pretty cool!
''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

(06-21-2019, 07:16 PM)jaykayzee Wrote: Tris Speaker is actually pretty cool!
I guess I am out of touch with vintage...LOL

I can feel your pain of not hitting anyone good. But I have that problem buying low end product. I used to bust a bunch of topps, but I've quit it and bowman because I never get anything. Oh, I pull autos and relics but believe me, nothing over $5. I personally love museum collection and tribute because I will always hit something.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

Based on my hobby luck, I just can't pull the trigger on Museum or any of the high-end stuff. I want to, but I know my fortune.

I get my annual Stadium Club box and hope for the best, break some Chrome and small bits of whatever else catches my eye.
Kepler

I've gotten really lucky both this year and last with Museum. (see my post in box breaks) It's a bit expensive for a set collector like myself (as a Giants fan I'm definitely not buying it for the hits), but I really like the card designs, and there's always interest from others in trading for the hits.

I'd love to have the luck I've had with Museum with some basketball product. There's a lot more players I collect in hoops than in baseball.
Currently looking for rare Sean Doolittle cards
1992 & 1996 Dream Team autos and relics
Bay Area High School and College star autographs

I bought heavily into Museum a couple of years back and like you I got burned, my $400+ for less than $200 in BV as a return, stayed away since and just bought singles of any I wanted.
Collecting Astros & Allen & Ginter with my daughter.

Looking for 2016 Topps Strata Clearly Authentic Autograph Relic Red #CAARDK Dallas Keuchel (any of the 5 1/1 variations) to complete the mini rainbow!