`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Redeem or Sell

Redeem or Sell
I opened a 2018 Topps archives box today and got a 1993 topps all stars dual autograph gold foil parallel of Brooks Robinson and Jim Palmer 1 of 1. Now my question is do I sell the redemption card in a couple of weeks at a card show that I am doing in Enfield CT. or redeem the card from Topps. I had an experience a few years back where I had a dual auto for Billy Williams/Andre Dawson. Waited 3 years for the card, finally asked for a replacement card and got a poor replecement. So do I take the risk that the card exist and will be shipped to me in a relatively short period of time or sell the redemption card. Since there is no value in the Beckett org it might be difficult to determine a price as well to sell it for. All suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Looking to trade for any Hall of Fame Topps base cards.

RE: Redeem or Sell
Call Topps and ask if the card has been or will be done soon, then redeem it. If not, just sell the Redemption and let the waiting game be someone elses problem.

The question really is ... are you a Robinson/Palmer/Orioles fan?

If so, redeem it and wait.
If not, sell it and give an Orioles fan a chance at getting a great piece!

I have 2 Brooks Robinson on-card heritage autos and 1 Jim Palmer auto from a Panini product. They are both fairly reliable signers, so there's no doubt in my mind that the cards will be signed. It's just a matter of if it's worth the wait.

As far Beckett pricing goes, even if it were signed and in your possession, they don't assign values to 1/1 cards. So, it's a free market kinda thing.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Thanks for both of the responses. I'm not an Orioles fan but a Giants fan. But to have 2 autographs of 2 HOF that were elected on their first ballot would be a great card for the PC. I will probably redeem the card and hope that they sign it. Thanks again.

There's an '18 Heritage dual auto of the two of them on Ebay right now, so hopefully that means they've signed all of their stuff.

I had the same thought process with a Sandberg-Bryant dual Stadium Club. Once I saw one show up on Ebay, I redeemed and I'll decide from there what to do.

Hopefully it gets there quick and it looks great in your PC.
Kepler

Well after a couple of days of thinking about it. I decided to redeem the autos. Now the waiting game begins....