Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
using the Beckett Graded Card Registry

using the Beckett Graded Card Registry
any power users of this registry?

i was wondering if anyone knows how to use the registry to "find" a card. back in the day, before it was rebooted, I actually had good luck getting in contact with a few registry owners and was able to trade with them for cards in their registries.

RE: using the Beckett Graded Card Registry
Not sure, but pretty sure it can be done. A super collector once contacted me on Beckett PM to release a card I had in my registry. I had sold the card him on another platform but he was able to find me here.

(Which, I should have been more proactive in taking it down prior to listing it so shame on me)
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

(06-18-2019, 03:22 AM)y2hood Wrote: Not sure, but pretty sure it can be done. A super collector once contacted me on Beckett PM to release a card I had in my registry. I had sold the card him on another platform but he was able to find me here.

(Which, I should have been more proactive in taking it down prior to listing it so shame on me)
Interesting. In the old platform, I remember I had to email Beckett about the card that i wanted a previous owner to release from their registry. I don't think I was ever able to contact the previous owner.

In the new platform, my brother has received emails from Beckett about releasing cards, but I haven't heard of any direct emails from members to members.

Good to know it can be done..maybe i need to play around more on the Registry website

(06-19-2019, 01:55 AM)gradedeflator Wrote: Interesting. In the old platform, I remember I had to email Beckett about the card that i wanted a previous owner to release from their registry. I don't think I was ever able to contact the previous owner.

In the new platform, my brother has received emails from Beckett about releasing cards, but I haven't heard of any direct emails from members to members.

Good to know it can be done..maybe i need to play around more on the Registry website
well - i just went searching in the registry. Typed in a player name and it returned two registries with that player's name in the registry name.

oddly, it did not return MY registry of that player.

I know a little about database management and data retrieval, and somehow, I don't think Beckett's Registry is querying the right sets of data. Sigh..maybe one day the registry will be as robust and easy to engage with as PSA's.

To be fair, I generally use some form of the same username across the internet so it might not have been too hard for him to track me down, either. My message board username is on my registry.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram