2 boxes of 19 Tier One

2 boxes of 19 Tier One
Not too bad imo. Great looking set

[Image: C939DCCE_C579_47FB_B619_830DCE605986.jpeg]
Willing to sell soul for Washington Capitals/Atlanta Braves

Looking for 18/19 SP Game Used Net cords for the Caps
http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/nmusicp/library/

RE: 2 boxes of 19 Tier One
I like them! Thanks for sharing the pics.

Yeah, very nice. It's hard to be totally disappointed by Tier One. You might not 'kill it' every time, but usually the product is very satisfying. The card thickness, design, photo and on-card auto are a nice combo. Even their relics are well designed. Tier One, Tribute & Five Star are all in that upper range product but priced decently as compared to the ultra-high end (Destiny?) cards from Topps, which are out of my spending range completely.
BTW: Torii Hunter's autograph is very nice. Very 'throwback' to the days where Killebrew, Musial, Mantle, etc were very legible. It's good to see someone today that takes his/her time with quality penmanship! Too many people just scrawl their initials as fast as possible instead of taking the extra 3 seconds to care just a little.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(05-19-2019, 09:05 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Yeah, very nice. It's hard to be totally disappointed by Tier One. You might not 'kill it' every time, but usually the product is very satisfying. The card thickness, design, photo and on-card auto are a nice combo. Even their relics are well designed. Tier One, Tribute & Five Star are all in that upper range product but priced decently as compared to the ultra-high end (Destiny?) cards from Topps, which are out of my spending range completely.
BTW: Torii Hunter's autograph is very nice. Very 'throwback' to the days where Killebrew, Musial, Mantle, etc were very legible. It's good to see someone today that takes his/her time with quality penmanship! Too many people just scrawl their initials as fast as possible instead of taking the extra 3 seconds to care just a little.
Torii came up during that time with the Twins when Killebrew made sure the young guys were good at signing autographs. I know he absolutely destroyed Cuddyer early on, and he went on to have one of the best ones out there. Good chance Torii got the message from Harmon early on.
Kepler

(05-19-2019, 10:00 AM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: Torii came up during that time with the Twins when Killebrew made sure the young guys were good at signing autographs. I know he absolutely destroyed Cuddyer early on, and he went on to have one of the best ones out there. Good chance Torii got the message from Harmon early on.
I guess that explains it pretty well! That is a legacy that nobody talks about!
Great info, Jared! Thanks for sharing!
Harmon's autograph is probably the most consistent beautiful sig in baseball. Every time he signed, it was as if he were signing the Declaration of Independence! Smile
I don't recall ever seeing one that was rushed or scrawled !
In contrast, and probably due to advanced age or vision or ... Stan Musial's once beautiful sig deteriorated with time. The last 'sticker set' was very shaky and nearly unrecognizable. He must have been sticker-signing a ton, since his auto was appearing in product several years after he passed.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(05-19-2019, 10:38 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: I guess that explains it pretty well! That is a legacy that nobody talks about!
Great info, Jared! Thanks for sharing!
Harmon's autograph is probably the most consistent beautiful sig in baseball. Every time he signed, it was as if he were signing the Declaration of Independence! Smile
I don't recall ever seeing one that was rushed or scrawled !
In contrast, and probably due to advanced age or vision or ... Stan Musial's once beautiful sig deteriorated with time. The last 'sticker set' was very shaky and nearly unrecognizable. He must have been sticker-signing a ton, since his auto was appearing in product several years after he passed.
+1 Agreed on all those points! That Redemption is not too shabby either! Looks like you got the case hits in 2 box's! Congrats!

Yea I was happy to pull a Hunter auto. Have always liked players that actually sign their name, crazy concept haha
Willing to sell soul for Washington Capitals/Atlanta Braves

Looking for 18/19 SP Game Used Net cords for the Caps
http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/nmusicp/library/

I love silver ink autos, and that Hunter is gorgeous! Congrats!

check me for the torii hunter auto