`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Leave no man, or Bowman blaster, behind

Leave no man, or Bowman blaster, behind
It's been slow-going in the Twin Cities in terms of Bowman retail. But this week I did manage to find some.

Earlier this week, while not shopping for cards, I managed find 1 undamaged blaster, so I bought it. Nothing too outstanding, but I did manage to get this refractor /499, which made it worth it.

20190511_200810

Yesterday (payday), I went to a different Target for groceries and cards. I wasn't disappointed - 5 blasters on the shelf. I planned to get 3, but you can't leave a man behind ... what if there's something in there.

Well, it started off OK - decent base cards, cool inserts and these:

20190511_200825

Made it through the 4 blasters with no Vlad chrome, no Wander chrome, no color. So I had to settle for this:
20190511_200839

Flash forward to today - Walmart shopping, 5 more blasters. I say "why not spend more."

Blaster #1:

20190511_200911

Blaster #2:

20190511_200925

Blaster #3: Nada

Blaster #4:

20190511_200937

Blaster #5:

20190511_200947

I spent WAY too much money, but man was it fun.

Kepler

RE: Leave no man, or Bowman blaster, behind
Nice haul, Jared!
That Wander dude-kid justified your spending spree. Those s/n cards are mucho dinero.
A couple of autos and a printing plate didn't hurt either!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

we got plenty here in Fresno CA I buy in rotation from three Walmarts, buy they do sell out. I can't pull anything great

way to go! thats a sweet haul! I gambled with the Bowmans and didn't get that lucky!
Desert racing baseball card collector? Yeah, that's not weird...

(05-11-2019, 10:02 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Nice haul, Jared!
That Wander dude-kid justified your spending spree. Those s/n cards are mucho dinero.
A couple of autos and a printing plate didn't hurt either!
Just turned 18 and is holding his own in A ball despite being 3 years younger than average for the Midwest League. I'm holding out hopes that he's the next Vlad Jr.

I have no clue who Li-Jen Chu is, but that auto has surprisingly decent value.

Overall, pretty happy having spent the money.

(05-11-2019, 10:20 PM)YankeeFanz23 Wrote: we got plenty here in Fresno CA I buy in rotation from three Walmarts, buy they do sell out. I can't pull anything great
It's been a long while since I've pulled anything great. At least in baseball - hit some nice Prizm basketball stuff this winter.

It's real hit or miss here - some suburbs get a ton, and the ones I'm in only get a few and they sell out right away.
(05-11-2019, 10:28 PM)flamethrower Wrote: way to go! thats a sweet haul! I gambled with the Bowmans and didn't get that lucky!
This is the first time I've been able to gamble with Bowman - the perfect storm of finding stock and having the money on hand. lol

I grabbed one jumbo pack at the LCS and all I managed to hit was a Pache purple chrome ... retails' been much kinder this year.
Kepler

(05-12-2019, 12:02 AM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: I'm holding out hopes that he's the next Vlad Jr.
Yeah, not everybody can hit .186
LOL

(05-12-2019, 01:33 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Yeah, not everybody can hit .186
LOL
I'll still take him over the Twins' top offensive rookie ... really hope the next La Tortuga Night is in Rochester. lol
Kepler

Good stuff! Definitely some good pulls there! Bowman is definitely my favorite product!

(05-12-2019, 08:13 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: I'll still take him over the Twins' top offensive rookie ... really hope the next La Tortuga Night is in Rochester. lol
I must admit, you have me surprised. I have been watching the Twins since 1975 and rarely has there been a free-swinger in the organization. You know, the type that gets up there trying to hit a homerun every time, only to either pop up or strikeout or actually get a homer.
Miguel Sano and Oswaldo Arcia come to mind a bit, but nothing compared to most teams. So, you would like to change that history and get someone like Vlad Jr.? No thank you. I will take a team player any day (Rosario, Kepler, Buxton, and hopefully Kirilloff, Lewis, Rooker) over some guy trying to make a name for himself at the expense of the team.

Regarding Vlad Jr, Im sort of shocked how quickly demand on a few of his cards has soured. He has barely been a big leaguer for a couple weeks now, and granted he's been pretty terrible. I would have thought he would get a little more benefit of the doubt from collectors though. He's awfully young.