`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grading Question

Grading Question
I've pulled my Tom Brady 1998 Contenders Autograph from my personal collection and I'm going to have it graded. I know it is not a 10. I'm pretty sure it will grade out at a 9.5.

My question is should I grade with Beckett or PSA or some other source? Is there a benefit or drawback to grading with one over the other?

I really appreciate any input anyone can provide.

Thanks!
- - - - - - - -
As for my wife, my children & myself our hero is Jesus Christ.
Bowman's Best Project (6/1/23)
Cards Have/Total Cards: 3992/19,873 (20.1%) 
Value Have/Total Value: $20,838/$455,802 (4.6%)

RE: Grading Question
It sounds like it's for your personal collection and not likely for resale. Knowing that, you can't go wrong with either company. PSA has a slightly smaller case if you keep your PC in a safety deposit box. If you spring for one of the higher tier services, Beckett offers subgrades if you would like a graders opinion on multiple aspects of the card. Either way, nice card and good luck!

If you don't plan on selling the card, don't get it graded imo.

Also BGS 10 is different than PSA 10, and 9.5 only exists for BGS so I'm not really sure what you are trying to say there.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

I've never had a card graded, so I'm not familiar with the variations, so I appreciate the input hempick.

I think I'm going to try to sell it, so it will not be staying in my personal collection.

Let me know any other thoughts.
- - - - - - - -

I THINK that PSA has been selling higher than BGS lately. That's where I would start, comparing sales on eBay. One just went for a thousand or more higher than its BGS counterpart. However, if you don't get sub grades, maybe that gap would be closed? It seems like PSA is the way to go for slightly older stuff, while BGS is for newer, or that's how it was explained to me multiple times. I prefer the Beckett labels, but I have a box of cards I want graded by both companies. Either way you go, that card is going to bring you a bunch of greenbacks lol. Best of luck!

(02-24-2019, 10:50 PM)wrm1107@roadrunner.co Wrote: I've pulled my Tom Brady 1998 Contenders Autograph from my personal collection and I'm going to have it graded. I know it is not a 10. I'm pretty sure it will grade out at a 9.5.
You may also want to read this article that goes into the Brady 2000 Contenders card a bit - https://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com/20...rd-300000/

As of right now, the top two examples of this card have both graded out at BGS 9. Last year a BGS 9 went for $250,000 and the one that ends today is expected to go for at least $300,000. If it comes back as a BGS 9.5, it would be the only one graded like that in existence.

Personally if I had this card and I was going to get it graded and was sure it was coming back a 9.5, in all seriousness I would book a flight down to Dallas, walk into Beckett's HQ, and see if I could negotiate a higher service level than their 2-day, $45 per card and have them grade it same day, even if it was for $100. Then I'd see between Beckett and PWCC who would give me the best cut of a consignment service, and have them sell the card for me.

There's no way I'd sell the card myself and risk getting ripped off.

(02-25-2019, 11:12 AM)savagenate Wrote: that card is going to bring you a bunch of greenbacks lol. Best of luck!
Could actually afford to send your kid through college!

Just to be clear I do not have the #'d/100 "Championchip Ticket" I have the base set that is no numbered, That seems to go for $15,000 to $50,000 on the auction site.
- - - - - - - -