Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 Hobby Goals

RE: 2020 Hobby Goals
1.) An Aaron Judge PSA 10 RC
2.) A 2019-20 UNC rookie rainbow (thinking of using Optic when it comes out 1/29)
3.) Buy fewer online breaks for RT and buy more hobby boxes locally
4.) Get our "team break baseball case" underway

Number 4 needs a little explaining. Several of us became friends through using Layton Sports Cards. We have completely stopped using them due to some issues we have uncovered (fake names in RT breaks, potentially falsifying randoms, messages sent to highest spending customer's to get guaranteed hit buy-backs if they'll help fill breaks, etc). So one of the guys had a great idea: find 10 of us we can trust. Everyone must have a single and different PC team (I will have the Yankees). We started our own Discord server and hang out there and use other breakers now, not Layton. We are thinking of starting with Topps Sterling. The case would go to our buddy in Colorado and we'd all PayPal him 1/10th of the price of the case. He will open it on YouTube when it matches all 10 people's schedule. You get every single card of your team, and the rest gets put on eBay under his account so we can all see the auctions. All money from eBay gets split 10 ways.

The goal is to be guaranteed your team and make enough money back on the non-PC stuff that we come out of pocket as little money as possible. A good example is Tampa Bay. No one is PC'ing them. Any big Wander Franco hit would get sold off and the money split amongst the 10 of us. If a case of ABC costs each of us 300 bucks, we get all the cards of our team and then over the next week or so money from ebay auctions. If a $300 Wander sold, then everyone would get roughly $25 after fees. Now your out of pocket expense is down to $275 from $300. Then another hit sells and so on and so forth. We are at 6 of us right now.

1. Get a Mike Trout certified auto
2. Get a Willie Mays certified auto
3. Reduce amount of cards I have
4. Have fun.

Finish my 1991 Topps Desert Shield set graded BGS 8.5 and up and find the Bo Jackson, Craig Biggio, and Wade Boggs in 9.5s.

(12-20-2019, 10:18 AM)btrav13 Wrote: 1.) An Aaron Judge PSA 10 RC
2.) A 2019-20 UNC rookie rainbow (thinking of using Optic when it comes out 1/29)
3.) Buy fewer online breaks for RT and buy more hobby boxes locally
4.) Get our "team break baseball case" underway

Number 4 needs a little explaining. Several of us became friends through using Layton Sports Cards. We have completely stopped using them due to some issues we have uncovered (fake names in RT breaks, potentially falsifying randoms, messages sent to highest spending customer's to get guaranteed hit buy-backs if they'll help fill breaks, etc). So one of the guys had a great idea: find 10 of us we can trust. Everyone must have a single and different PC team (I will have the Yankees). We started our own Discord server and hang out there and use other breakers now, not Layton. We are thinking of starting with Topps Sterling. The case would go to our buddy in Colorado and we'd all PayPal him 1/10th of the price of the case. He will open it on YouTube when it matches all 10 people's schedule. You get every single card of your team, and the rest gets put on eBay under his account so we can all see the auctions. All money from eBay gets split 10 ways.

The goal is to be guaranteed your team and make enough money back on the non-PC stuff that we come out of pocket as little money as possible. A good example is Tampa Bay. No one is PC'ing them. Any big Wander Franco hit would get sold off and the money split amongst the 10 of us. If a case of ABC costs each of us 300 bucks, we get all the cards of our team and then over the next week or so money from ebay auctions. If a $300 Wander sold, then everyone would get roughly $25 after fees. Now your out of pocket expense is down to $275 from $300. Then another hit sells and so on and so forth. We are at 6 of us right now.
That sounds like a lot of fun.
Currently looking for rare Sean Doolittle cards
1992 & 1996 Dream Team autos and relics
Bay Area High School and College star autographs

1. 1997 Fleer Tiffany David Ortiz and a few others to complete a long time set build.
2. 2001 Donruss Elite Series Dominator Jeter #'d to 25 to complete a set
3. 2005 Donruss Elite Series Black Dominator #'d to 25 to complete a set
4. 2001 Bat & Jersey Kings Autograph set Aaron, Musial, Ripken and a few others
5. Finish some long time set projects avoid taking any more on (well maybe a couple)
6. Sort and organize my Barry Bonds collection

This list is subject to change frequently especially #5

2020 goals is to finish my 1954 and 1962 topps sets. I should have finished them last year but I didn't even add one single card. I only need about 30 for the 1954 and 13 for the 1962. I already picked about 6 from 1954. I would like to pick a 1954 or 1955 bowman starter set to have a new project.
Also, keep adding to my Francisco Lindor auto cards collection.

My Hobby goals for 2020 are close to the same as last year. I will again pick up my 2020 Topps Factory set and attempt to complete the Update set. No additional sets for me this year though I will try to complete my 2019 Topps Heritage and Heritage Minors sets. I need help with the SPs. I will also try to pick up five more HOF autographed cards of HOF players that I don't already have an auto of. Again this will probably be my biggest challenge as I didn't complete this task in 2019 until literally the final day of the year.

One more goal this year is to start a thread and show some of the cards in my collection. 2020 marks my 50th year of non-stop collecting and I have a lot of interesting items in my collection that I'd like to share.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(01-03-2020, 08:33 AM)zeprock Wrote: 2020 marks my 50th year of non-stop collecting and I have a lot of interesting items in my collection that I'd like to share.
Mark, I look forward to seeing that!