Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Redemption Question

RE: Redemption Question
I have said this before..
Pulling a redemption is like kissing your sister..yes..it is a girl..but it is your sister.

Te biggest hit in the box and it is a redemption, that over the course of a full year..is not available and you get something else.

They advertise this card..list this card..say it is a great card..and then..nothing..not available.
Upper Deck did this to me on a Jeter auto years ago..never signed..never made..I got nothing but promises..never a replacement.

If, as a small business owner, I did this bait and switch..I would be in jail!!

What a racket!!!

Nearly as bad are the non-inspiring points cards from Panini that take the place of a hit (supposedly).

(12-13-2018, 08:59 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Nearly as bad are the non-inspiring points cards from Panini that take the place of a hit (supposedly).
The worst part of those (well, it's actually hard to pick just one) ... you have to pay for shipping on top of everything else.

I mean, give me a break. You charge how much for the pack or box, can't adequately fill the contents of the box and then want to charge me to wait on what essentially is a much less valuable "replacement" ... ?

OK, well, since I'm here, I'll list out the other issues with the points cards ...

1) These should never be inserted in hobby boxes that have a guaranteed number of hits per box. If they want to throw them in as a bonus, great!

2) If you need to issue the points cards, it would be nice if the Rewards website carried cards from that same product or even draft class. It's like, you buy a box of 2018 cards and all you can choose from are products released in 2016. It would be one thing if I busted, say, a box of 2018 Prizm football, pulled a 250 point card and then was able to choose a Kerryon Johnson auto for my Lions PC or whatever.

I wouldn't have a problem with that - other than paying for shipping.

3) Did I mention having to pay for shipping?

I have not pulled a redemption in about 3 years the whole site has changed up now that I pulled one how does one enter the code and check the status of the card

The card I pulled is a Chrome Draft Pick Autograph Gold Wave Refractor Parallel of Brice Turang (Brewers)
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

(12-16-2018, 12:18 PM)waynetalger Wrote: I have not pulled a redemption in about 3 years the whole site has changed up now that I pulled one how does one enter the code and check the status of the card

The card I pulled is a Chrome Draft Pick Autograph Gold Wave Refractor Parallel of Brice Turang (Brewers)
Google Topps Redemption and join up or enter member name and password. Then the left side will have Redemption choice for you to redeem a new one.

The points system was originally introduced after everyone complained about getting expired redemptions in older boxes. They figured that points don't expire and you can redeem or save them for bigger/ better cards. I think that point system stinks, but it was a solution to a big problem. I know I picked up many boxes only to get an expired redemption and therefore felt like I was cheated.
A better solution would be an actual redemption for a card with a 3 year expiration, but it has an inherent point value past the expiration date based on the perceived value of the redemption at the time the card was pulled. Best of both worlds if you ask me.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.