`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ohtani vs Soto

Ohtani vs Soto
Is it my imagination or do Juan Soto rcs have a higher value than Ohtani rcs?

RE: Ohtani vs Soto
They are higher. Soto has a lot less RC cards out there.

That's true but i'm still surprised that with all the hoopla surrounding Ohtani that his card would have less value that Soto.

Soto books for more than Acuna, even after winning the ROY.

Supply and demand!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(12-04-2018, 06:24 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Supply and demand!
Bingo
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

(12-04-2018, 06:24 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Supply and demand!
A perfect example of this is 2018 Topps Update.

Not only did Topps issue another "base" RC of Ohtani for some reason, but they also made yet another "Legends in the Making" insert card - both of which were already part of the Series 2 set.

Then there's his MLB debut card, his dual card with Ichiro, his card where's riding a golf cart with Trout and Upton, his 3-game HR streak card, his 1983 insert (and parallels), his "Game Changers" insert, etc.

I mean, that's eight different cards right there, and I'm not even positive I named them all.

Another prime example of why NOT to chase prospects and rookies in today's hobby environment. It only takes about 6 months to cool off and there are tons of cards to choose from. When was the last time anybody got excited about Aaron Judge, for example. There is a seller on COMC who has had a sale every single week since June trying to sell a 1/1 auto and 2 other autos of Judge. Even if they are overpriced, you would think someone would have snatched them up by now using the make-an-offer option but nobody cares much anymore.

Just watch...next April people will have forgotten about Acuna, Torres, Hoskins and Albies, just to name a few. I collect complete hobby sets so that I still have them but don't need to worry about "getting rid of them" before they cool off.

Which reminds me, I had a trade offer and when I looked at his ORG there were multiple cards of several rookies (30-50 each). He must have chased them, hoping they explode, and now cannot give them away, I suppose. By the way, remember the Tomas craze?!

Finally, if you really want to kill a hot prospect's career, send him to Minnesota to play for the Twins...Park, Vargas, Sano, Buxton, and many pitchers that nobody remembers their name. Ugh!

(12-04-2018, 04:05 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Finally, if you really want to kill a hot prospect's career, send him to Minnesota to play for the Twins...Park, Vargas, Sano, Buxton, and many pitchers that nobody remembers their name. Ugh!
Yeah, but it makes it makes your collecting habits are lighter on your wallet. I know that from experience!
Barry Larkin - 1781 different
Joey Votto jersey numbered cards - 283

Bengalsandreds, you are absolutely correct! Last year I spent over $1,800 on online box breaks for Twins and Vikings. I could care less about the 2017-2018 class of prospects and rookies for both teams so barely any online box breaks for me this year.

In fact, after selling some cards on COMC I have a balance that I could use but after 3 hours of searching I did not find any 2018 Twins or Vikings goodies to purchase.