`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeff Gordon Card Question

Jeff Gordon Card Question
I purchase a Jeff Gordon Card that a club member received. He had it all these years until I bought it. I was trying to look it up on the search and I think it's like the 1995 Hi-Tech Brickyard 400 #P1 Club Promo.

But mine is 1995 Action Packed Racing Club 24KT Gold P1.

Anyone that could help I would appreciate it. If I need to add card to Beckett Data Base I will..I was told only Action Pack Club members was givin these...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Collecting Kyle Larson Haves 729 Different 505*Jeff Gordon Haves 5831 Different 2090*Santa Claus Cards*Sticker Cards*

RE: Jeff Gordon Card Question
I believe this is the card, but not entirely sure.

https://www.beckett.com/racing/1995/acti...mo-2942308

Well I was thinking same thing. And maybe it should say Action Packed not Hi_Tech on the discription in data base..But its hard to hit have not being positive..lol...Thanks
Collecting Kyle Larson Haves 729 Different 505*Jeff Gordon Haves 5831 Different 2090*Santa Claus Cards*Sticker Cards*

(12-01-2018, 09:54 PM)jasonyeager Wrote: Well I was thinking same thing. And maybe it should say Action Packed not Hi_Tech on the discription in data base..But its hard to hit have not being positive..lol...Thanks
I think you are confusing some things. Hi-Tech was a Finish Line product (made by Pro Set). FLC is Finish Line Club. Action Packed was originally a stand-alone company before Pinnacle bought it. Action Packed and Pinnacle had nothing to do with Pro Set or Finish Line. The Hi-Tech cards were an oddity in the sport b/c they were based off a collaboration of a company and a single track. Indy Speedway (the Brickyard) wanted to make a splash with the 1st NASCAR race there and that's why the Hi-Tech cards were made. The two #P1 cards in the Beckett DB are not the same cards.

I agree with Spazmatastic assessment. It would be nice if it said 24K gold or something additional in the description. Do either of you know why "Country" is in the description?

At least this one says rainbow as part of the description.

https://www.beckett.com/racing/1995/acti...-1-2942432
Paul Goldschmidt: 634 Total Cards, 339 Different
Joe Montana: 325 Total Cards, 267 Different
Jerry Rice: 685 Total Cards, 618 Different
Steve Young: 942 Total Cards, 742 Different

I didn't see your link before Spazmatastic.... The Action Packed Counrty P1 is not this card. There is an Action packed Country series of cards. This card after searching has the Action packed Preview/Stars series logo on the front and on the back top left of card... There is a 3 card set in my Beckett book Action Packed Preview Promos 24k Gold... Funny thing is the set is P2-4....This is the P)1 card not documented in the Data Base nor there new 2018 book i think. So I believe the set should actually have 4 and this card is so scarce it was never put in the set. Being P1 just like it says on the back..Think I will submit a new card missing from the data base for this set. If you think I'm on the right track or wrong let me know. all help has been and is appreciated..Big thing messing with my head is this card is club members only released. And says Action packed Racing Club..

1995 Action packed Preview Promos 24K Gold
P)2 Ricky Craven
P)3 Steve kinser
P)4 Bill Elliott

(12-02-2018, 02:14 PM)jasonyeager Wrote: I didn't see your link before Spazmatastic.... The Action Packed Counrty P1 is not this card. There is an Action packed Country series of cards. This card after searching has the Action packed Preview/Stars series logo on the front and on the back top left of card... There is a 3 card set in my Beckett book Action Packed Preview Promos 24k Gold... Funny thing is the set is P2-4....This is the P)1 card not documented in the Data Base nor there new 2018 book i think. So I believe the set should actually have 4 and this card is so scarce it was never put in the set. Being P1 just like it says on the back..Think I will submit a new card missing from the data base for this set. If you think I'm on the right track or wrong let me know. all help has been and is appreciated..Big thing messing with my head is this card is club members only released. And says Action packed Racing Club..

1995 Action packed Preview Promos 24K Gold
P)2 Ricky Craven
P)3 Steve kinser
P)4 Bill Elliott
Preview/Stars logo. I was trying to see what that said. Nice detective work.
Paul Goldschmidt: 634 Total Cards, 339 Different
Joe Montana: 325 Total Cards, 267 Different
Jerry Rice: 685 Total Cards, 618 Different
Steve Young: 942 Total Cards, 742 Different

It's NOT from Preview or Stars either. It doesn't look anything like the Preview Promos. Those cards only have gold for the logos. Also, they are actually prototypes, not promos. Here's a scan of #P3.

https://www.tradingcarddb.com/ViewCard.c...eve-Kinser

It's a completely unlisted card. I can't find it on my other DB either. That's why I mentioned the Country set, even though the Cup logo looks like the Preview set. If it were to be listed as anything, I would call it:

1995 Action Packed Racing Club 24kt Gold Promo

Well it sure don't look like them. Thanks for the link of that card... And thanks so much. My theory is eliminated for sure. Well I like your name for it. fits well. I will submit it and sait 6 years and see what happens lol...Thanks guys..
Found a Bill Elliott one in Data Base I think?...https://www.beckett.com/search/?term=action+packed+club+1995

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(12-02-2018, 06:07 PM)jasonyeager Wrote: Well it sure don't look like them. Thanks for the link of that card... And thanks so much. My theory is eliminated for sure. Well I like your name for it. fits well. I will submit it and sait 6 years and see what happens lol...Thanks guys..
Found a Bill Elliott one in Data Base I think?...https://www.beckett.com/search/?term=action+packed+club+1995
I saw that one too, but I don't know what it is either. I guess FC could stand for Fan Club. I can see why it wouldn't be labeled as RC for Racing Club. Thanks for the better scan of the front. I also contacted someone who might can help clear this up.