Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2018 Topps Update
Star 
2018 Topps Update
So I have opened a few boxes and have noticed the 9.98 hanger boxes have been full of good stuff compared to the blasters. Anyone else notice this?
Out of four hanger boxes
Young stars gold albies/Acuna
Us300 gold Soto
83 gold Sean Doolittle auto /50
83 black trout /299
And a few more really good stuff lots of Acuna Ohtani and Soto

RE: 2018 Topps Update
Good pulls..never noticed anything like that..some of the rack packs etc have special cards, but that is a great pull rate for you!! Bet it would not happen to me!!

I've always done better with the hangers, and they also give you autos and mem cards that the blasters don't.

I've pulled a Craig Biggio auto and a Buster Posey All-Star jersey out of those hangers ... nothing out of blasters.

I guess they think the manufactured relics count as hits.

Haven't picked any up but I may need to. Congrats on your pulls!

For me personally I have noticed that with 2018 Archives I have had waaaay better luck with the hanging "fat" packs than any of the blasters I bought.

I was staying away from chronicles blasters because of the limited amount of cards you get but in the three I have purchased the past few days have not disappointed. Ohtani Soto and Acuna rookies all over the place.
(11-15-2018, 02:40 PM)mgruber2 Wrote: Haven't picked any up but I may need to. Congrats on your pulls!

For me personally I have noticed that with 2018 Archives I have had waaaay better luck with the hanging "fat" packs than any of the blasters I bought.
Always did well with the donruss fat packs.

(11-15-2018, 02:13 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I've always done better with the hangers, and they also give you autos and mem cards that the blasters don't.

I've pulled a Craig Biggio auto and a Buster Posey All-Star jersey out of those hangers ... nothing out of blasters.

I guess they think the manufactured relics count as hits.
The guarenteed manu relics in blasters are the reason there's no chance of an auto there. Although, sometimes there's a snowball's chance in heck that there are signed manu relics (I've never pulled one). Ever since they discontinued the exclusive red Target/ blue Walmart blaster inserts, my blaster purchases have greatly declined when it comes to the Flagship series 1, 2 & US.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(11-15-2018, 01:49 PM)buckles2335 Wrote: So I have opened a few boxes and have noticed the 9.98 hanger boxes have been full of good stuff compared to the blasters. Anyone else notice this?
Out of four hanger boxes
Young stars gold albies/Acuna
Us300 gold Soto
83 gold Sean Doolittle auto /50
83 black trout /299
And a few more really good stuff lots of Acuna Ohtani and Soto
That gold Soto is a nice card! Congrats! I think it will be a huge card in the future.
Barry Larkin - 1781 different
Joey Votto jersey numbered cards - 283