`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeter Cards left in rental truck

RE: Jeter Cards left in rental truck
Why can't something like this ever happen to me????? :-) I've had offers, but they're always junk cards.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

As they say, pics or it didn't happen! Would love to see the finds!
Trading for cut autos of baseball HOFers I don't have, autos of current and future Cleveland Guardians, and anything else that catches my eye!

Wow, that is insane that someone would walk away from those totes and boxes. But, his loss is your windfall. Congratulations.
I focus my PC on Ken Griffey Jr but I also collect Jay Buhner, Steve Largent and Ryan Bader. Secondary collection: Seattle teams & Univ. of Arizona

(10-28-2018, 11:13 AM)mffpatrick Wrote: Guy rents truck to move. Returns truck to rental center but leaves several large Tupperware totes, and dozens upon dozens of boxes in the truck. Tells my buddy that runs the rental center to keep the boxes, he doesn't want them anymore. My buddy calls me and says he has a large tote and 4 large boxes of baseball cards if I want them. He drops them off the next day....

One box, neatly packed, clearly marked with year and manufacturer. 1981 Topps, 1981 Fleer, 1983 Topps, 1983 Fleer. Stars, commons, rookies. This is just the first box....lets dig in.

I find several rookie cards: a few 82 Topps traded Ripkens, 83 Boggs, Gwynn. 80 Henderson. Every card looks like it just came out of a pack. And there's multiples to every card.

1989 Bowman- (10) Barry Bonds, (10) Ken Griffey Jr.... it's unreal
1989 Upper Deck - (10) Griffey's
1986 Topps traded Bonds 10 of them
1986 Fleer Update Bonds 10 more

I couldn't believe it. They just kept coming.

My wife was looking through a different box......and she holds up 3 Derek Jeter cards....I said I was afraid to look, didn't want to see another Topps or Upper Deck 93 Jeter. She said it's kinda shiny. I said what? Shiny? Does it have what looks like home plate in the corner wearing a crown? She says just look. I said I can't. I said what year is it? She says, it's a 1993. I turn and look......Yep, (3) 1993 SP Derek Jeter cards, in mint condition....incredible.

After more than 30 boxes I found more 93 Jeters from Topps and Upper Deck. 1986 McGwires, Cansecos, 85 Pucketts, This was the ultilmate 1980's rookie card lot.
I found what was pretty close to 3 complete sets of 1993 SP.

2 of the Jeters are on the way to be graded, one was sold raw. What a great day!
And then you awoke from your dream right, lol. j/k Congrats on the great finds.
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]

(10-29-2018, 12:28 AM)roger rabbit Wrote: As they say, pics or it didn't happen! Would love to see the finds!
So I pulled a few out and took pics. The Jeter's are gone, 1 was sold and 2 are at Beckett for grading, but I inserted 3 Manny Ramirez cards from 93 SP in their place.

[Image: KershawBlueRefAutoRC.jpg][Image: StantonRefractorAuto.jpg]

(10-29-2018, 10:58 PM)mffpatrick Wrote: So I pulled a few out and took pics. The Jeter's are gone, 1 was sold and 2 are at Beckett for grading, but I inserted 3 Manny Ramirez cards from 93 SP in their place.
Awesome luck! I need 1 each of the '89 Griffey's and one of the '93 SP Manny's. Oh, and a Tony Gwynn RC would be cool to add to my PC as well. PM me and we'll work something out.
I just got a huge haul of cards too, but mine weren't free. They came from an estate sale. The baseball portion was mostly 1991 cards though.

Seriously, LMK about the Gwynn, Griffey and Manny RC's.

Amazing find. Congrats!
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

Just an update. Received the 2 1993 SP Jeter cards from grading. Both BGS 8. But on a side note, 2 of the 3 2011 Topps Update Trout's came back as 9.5s.
[Image: KershawBlueRefAutoRC.jpg][Image: StantonRefractorAuto.jpg]

(12-06-2018, 02:55 PM)mffpatrick Wrote: Just an update. Received the 2 1993 SP Jeter cards from grading. Both BGS 8. But on a side note, 2 of the 3 2011 Topps Update Trout's came back as 9.5s.
Whoa
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel