`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rated Rookie Trivia - How Many Times Has This Happened?

Rated Rookie Trivia - How Many Times Has This Happened?
Friends,

So two great members, cjgiannini and ahvjr, each sent me one of these cards out of the goodness of their hearts ...

[Image: Mahomes_zpsmctvnupl.jpg]

It got me thinking ... how many other fathers and sons each had a Donruss Rated Rookie card at some point in their career?

(I don't actually know the answer, because I can't think of any.)

Thanks again to both great members for their generosity, I really appreciate it!

RJ

RE: Rated Rookie Trivia - How Many Times Has This Happened?
Ha, very fun that you have those cards. And kudos to the traders that sent them. I can't think of an answer to your question.
Currently collecting Mike Trout, Bo Jackson and Al Kaline.

Sets for sale or trade:

1998 Leaf Rookies & Stars-- 99.7% complete.
1999 Finest-- Complete.
2000 Bowman Chrome-- Complete.
2001 Studio---97% complete.

I did look for the 92 donruss for you but couldnt find the box......
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

(10-26-2018, 04:22 PM)elberson Wrote: I did look for the 92 donruss for you but couldnt find the box......
It was the thought that counted.

Thanks anyway!
(10-26-2018, 03:47 PM)cweiland Wrote: Ha, very fun that you have those cards. And kudos to the traders that sent them. I can't think of an answer to your question.
Thank you ... I also like that they are striking similar poses with the ball.

I guess at the end of the day I just truly enjoy cards.

Don't get me wrong, I like pulling the latest high dollar Chrome auto prospect variation rookie jersey refractor 1/1 prizm SSP parallel as much as the next guy, but I enjoy an "oddball" chase like this just as much.

I had no idea that Mahomes the 2nd was Pat Mahomes' son. It just never crossed my mind! That's cool that you have the father and son RR's from different sports, and of course different decades.

(10-30-2018, 01:50 AM)spazmatastic Wrote: I had no idea that Mahomes the 2nd was Pat Mahomes' son. It just never crossed my mind! That's cool that you have the father and son RR's from different sports, and of course different decades.
It was really cool to see the younger Mahomes wearing his dad's Mets jersey before the Sunday night game last week.

His dad was in a suite to watch the game, he looks like he's in pretty good shape still.

I can't think of an answer either. Of course any such father son combo that would happen in baseball now, the son's card wouldn't have logosConfused

(10-30-2018, 09:35 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: It was really cool to see Mahomes the son wearing his dad's Mets jersey before the Sunday night game last week.

His dad was in a suite to watch the game, he looks like he's in pretty good shape still.
Let's not bring that debacle of a game up, ok?

Barry Larkin - 1781 different
Joey Votto jersey numbered cards - 283

(10-30-2018, 10:55 AM)bengalsandreds Wrote: I can't think of an answer either. Of course any such father son combo that would happen in baseball now, the son's card wouldn't have logosConfused

Let's not bring that debacle of a game up, ok?
The logo thing with Panini doesn't actually bother me as much as I wish they would try to get some different photos ... every single player is either in a token batting or pitching stance it seems like.

As for the game, try being a Lions fan.

At least the Bengals have been to a Super Bowl!

(10-30-2018, 10:58 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: The logo thing with Panini doesn't actually bother me as much as I wish they would try to get some different photos ... every single player is either in a token batting or pitching stance it seems like.

As for the game, try being a Lions fan.

At least the Bengals have been to a Super Bowl!
Alright, you got me there, lol.
Barry Larkin - 1781 different
Joey Votto jersey numbered cards - 283