`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
SP Authentic Question?

SP Authentic Question?
Baseball guy here, but looking to grab some sets for my son ... I see the SP Authentic sets are rather cheap on Ebay and I like the simple design. Do these sets have a solid mix of starts/veterans/ ... a slice of the NHL? I'm looking straight at the base sets, no inserts.

I am collecting PSA cards of members in the Philadelphia Flyers Hall of Fame, autographs of the entire 1996 USA World Cup Hockey team, and high end Flyers game used. The modern game of packs and boxes has sorta passed me by.

Again, thoughts on SP Authentic base sets? I'm going back to 2014 when my son was born, btw.
[Image: Signature_zpsnepr034k.jpg]

RE: SP Authentic Question?
Hey
I can't help you with your hockey question, but I wanted to let you know I sent you a trade offer. Let me know if you see anything or what you might be looking for. Thanks.

Lots of garbage, that's what I see. No interest in dealing, sorry mate.

(10-11-2018, 12:08 PM)reagle beagle 37 Wrote: Lots of garbage, that's what I see. No interest in dealing, sorry mate.
First off, the SP Authentic base set has no rookies at all. They are usually numbered autos, or just numbered cards, if the player doesn't have a deal with Upper Deck. The only set that might interest you in that accord is O-Pee-Chee Platinum.

Second, there is no need to fire shots and insult other members. Please have respect for all. Thank you. Best wishes!

Randi

Hi Randi, that's a cool response. This guy comes really hard at others on the Shop at Home boards, so that's what he likes. No offense meant, sorry you were offended. I'm not trading Ron Tugnut cards for Tretiak autographs ... it makes no sense. I won't be ripped off. I have a George Michael autograph guitar for sale though, let me know if interested.

Thanks Randi.

So are you saying SP sucks?

(10-15-2018, 09:25 AM)reagle beagle 37 Wrote: Hi Randi, that's a cool response. This guy comes really hard at others on the Shop at Home boards, so that's what he likes. No offense meant, sorry you were offended. I'm not trading Ron Tugnut cards for Tretiak autographs ... it makes no sense. I won't be ripped off. I have a George Michael autograph guitar for sale though, let me know if interested.

Thanks Randi.
Airing grievances on the boards is not a good thing to do. Actions in private should stay there, not brought to the front to embarrass another member. It is tact and respect that I am looking for. I feel everyone deserves that.

I do not know what you mean about the George Michael guitar. I have no interest, and this is not the forum for that. Might I suggest eBay?

SP Authentic is one of the better products out there that holds a very good value for a long time. The rookie cards are all short printed, so they are not considered when the base set is being advertised. There are also other subsets in the product that are not considered part of the base set, as they come at a rate of 1:2, 1:4, 1:10, etc.

If you want to find some superstar cards, retired legends, and current players, then SP Authentic is a decent base set for that. If you want to throw rookie cards into the mix, then I would suggest O-Pee-Chee or MVP as an option. Just know that Upper Deck has made pretty well all RCs SP nowadays.

Best wishes!

Randi

Thanks Randi, cool response ... this board seems dead, anyone have fun here anymore?

Tugnut for Tretiak is never a good deal! I wore a 1980s style Nordiques jersey to work yesterday, everyone was blown away. Pretty rad, huh? Yeah, I've had no luck on EBay. I have it listed at $2,999 but no one seems interested and I won't be ripped off. I mean, it has George Michael DNA on it. The man touched this and this was before he got fat and weird.

(10-19-2018, 06:39 AM)reagle beagle 37 Wrote: Thanks Randi, cool response ... this board seems dead, anyone have fun here anymore?

Tugnut for Tretiak is never a good deal! I wore a 1980s style Nordiques jersey to work yesterday, everyone was blown away. Pretty rad, huh? Yeah, I've had no luck on EBay. I have it listed at $2,999 but no one seems interested and I won't be ripped off. I mean, it has George Michael DNA on it. The man touched this and this was before he got fat and weird.
You might want to stop now. Mocking the moderators and being inconsiderate to others is a surefire way to get dropped from the site. Please stop.

Randi