`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Best bang for buck 2018 hobby box

Best bang for buck 2018 hobby box
So my girlfriend and I are fairly new to the game and we are excited to get started and love collecting. We are currently trying to collect the complete set of the 2017 Donruss base and inserts. I want to purchase a hobby box and this will be our first one to break. Any opinions or comments or tips as to which one we should get would be great! Also any tips in general to collecting specific players and in general would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance.
looking for Stefon Diggs and Josh Reynolds and anything Dallas Cowboys

RE: Best bang for buck 2018 hobby box
My only advice would be to put fun first before anything else...good luck and welcome!

While ripping boxes is a lot of fun, it's not very cost efficient. You'll lose your shirt more times than not. So if it's just the fun of opening boxes, a lower priced product might fit you better. If you are collecting a team, or a player, buying singles from auction sites or Facebook groups are the most cost efficient, as you get what you want right away. Prizm is always a fun break, Score on the lower end, and Donruss Optic somewhere in-between. I love breaking boxes once or twice a year for fun, but usually I just buy singles. Like Kerryandbeth said, the most important part is to do it however you have the most fun!

I'm a set builder by nature. Back when my favorite set was still coming out with new product I'd buy 1-2 boxes of it, then trade/buy singles to finish the set. But whatever you both like doing, have a plan/goal/budget in mind and I think you'll be good to go!