`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Personal Hobby vs. Personable Hobby

RE: Personal Hobby vs. Personable Hobby
(08-31-2018, 10:33 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Yeah, sorry to have caused some derailment of the thread. That being said, that's one of the things I do like about us in the forum ... we usually have very cordial (and usually intelligent) discussions. We all have different views, different teams loyalties, etc. but respect each other and can playfully goad each other without any hurt feelings.
I don't mind a bit! In fact, if you had nothing to say in response I would be disappointed and worried that something happened to you!! Big Grin

(08-31-2018, 11:27 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: I don't mind a bit! In fact, if you had nothing to say in response I would be disappointed and worried that something happened to you!! Big Grin

LOL

So as a Twin's fan, how'd that Lance Lynn trade work out for you?
Is Tyler Austin as Awesome as I said? Is Lance Lynn as Lame as I thought?
You guys really got the best of THAT deal. IMO
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(09-01-2018, 07:07 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: LOL

So as a Twin's fan, how'd that Lance Lynn trade work out for you?
Is Tyler Austin as Awesome as I said? Is Lance Lynn as Lame as I thought?
You guys really got the best of THAT deal. IMO
I stand behind my original assessment that Lynn is not missed and having a right handed bat that can hit breaking balls (Austin, not Sano) is great.
How about what your team gave up for McCutchen?

I would trade on here if it didn't cost anything to have an org. I do like all the people I've interacted with and agree that the world would be a better place if everyone was more like this community.
Barry Larkin - 1781 different
Joey Votto jersey numbered cards - 283

I think a big part of it is the lack of card shows now. Back when I started collecting, there were sports cards shows every month or so at my local mall. There were plenty at other nearby malls, too. I really enjoyed them. I miss that aspect of the hobby. Prices are definitely better online, but it comes at a different kind of cost.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

(09-07-2018, 10:52 PM)hempick Wrote: I think a big part of it is the lack of card shows now. Back when I started collecting, there were sports cards shows every month or so at my local mall. There were plenty at other nearby malls, too. I really enjoyed them. I miss that aspect of the hobby. Prices are definitely better online, but it comes at a different kind of cost.
I cannot remember the last time I have been to a card show. I also have not been inside a local hobby shop since the late 90's.

(09-07-2018, 10:52 PM)hempick Wrote: I think a big part of it is the lack of card shows now. Back when I started collecting, there were sports cards shows every month or so at my local mall. There were plenty at other nearby malls, too. I really enjoyed them. I miss that aspect of the hobby. Prices are definitely better online, but it comes at a different kind of cost.
I've been lucky that there is a decent sized show every month at a nearby hotel. There is also a few others in the area. And the National is in Cleveland every few years. Although I do miss a good mall show. Brings back memories. While like you said, most prices are better online, there are deals to be found at shows, and there is nothing like checking the card out in person. Especially if you plan on dropping a lot of money on a card, like I may or may not have done at this year's National....
Barry Larkin - 1781 different
Joey Votto jersey numbered cards - 283

I completed a trade last night and when I printed the invoice I was very surprised to see that the other guy also lived here in Rochester, MN! So, I met him in person today to exchange cards. That is the 1st Beckett person I have ever seen.

(09-08-2018, 12:20 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: I completed a trade last night and when I printed the invoice I was very surprised to see that the other guy also lived here in Rochester, MN! So, I met him in person today to exchange cards. That is the 1st Beckett person I have ever seen.
Cool!
Currently looking for rare Sean Doolittle cards
1992 & 1996 Dream Team autos and relics
Bay Area High School and College star autographs