`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Poll: Topps Traded Tiffany or Topps Traded
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Topps Traded Tiffany
0%
0 0%
Topps Traded
100.00%
1 100.00%
Total 1 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Topps Traded Tiffany or just Traded

Topps Traded Tiffany or just Traded
I was hopinh someone could help me out identify my card I am trying to determine if it is a -

1991 Topps Traded #101T Ivan Rodriguez RC

OR

1991 Topps Traded Tiffany #101T Ivan Rodriguez

I have attached an image of the front and back

Please and thank you, I am planning on submitting a few other cards as well asap that I am having this same issue with - different players (jeff bagwell)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: Topps Traded Tiffany or just Traded
If I'm not mistaken the only way to tell is by whether or not it has a glossy finish. The traded cards from a set were on white stock like that while packs were mostly (maybe all) on grey stock. It might have something to do with the 2 asterisks at the bottom on the back but if I remember correctly the tiffany's are glossy and the regular's are not.
Looking for: Nolan Ryan (top priority), Correa, Bregman, Bo Jackson
2018 & 2019 Topps Independence Day /76 Astros

Ebay & Blowout: Bwood00

Will trade or sell anything not listed above.

It looks like the Tiffany version but just see if its glossy or not, maybe set it side by side with a regular 91 topps card
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

For that set, it is extremely tough to tell from pictures as to whether it's Tiffany or not. 1991 Topps Traded was the second year that Topps made a factory set as well as packs, along with the Tiffany sets. The factory sets have white backs, while the packs pulled cards had a grayish back. The Tiffany cards also had white backs, but they were glossy on the front side. If the front and the back feel exactly the same then it's just a regular version, but if the front feels slick/glossy and the back is more of a matte feel to it then you have the Tiffany version. If you have another card from that era (1991-1993 Topps) that you know is not a Tiffany and compare the fronts, then the glossiness would be pretty obvious.

If it is the Tiffany version, I am very interested in it, as it's been at the top of my wantlist for a while. I don't want to pay for a graded one, and the ungraded ones are so tough to tell from just pictures. I have had to return 3 of them as people thought the white backs meant they were Tiffany, when in reality it just meant they were from the factory sets.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

I concur with the other experts here. You've got to check the front. If it's relfective and smooth then it's a Tiffany. You can't tell from the back of the card.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html