`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nice Value from a 2018 Donruss Jumbo Box

Nice Value from a 2018 Donruss Jumbo Box
Found a great deal over on amazon.com for a 2018 Donruss Jumbo Fat Pack Box. Only $69.95. The beckett high value on the box was over $490 and that was with no big time hits. Even at beckett low value, probably around $190 it was a good deal. I got no auto's and 2 game used (Kyle Schwarber and Jacoby Jones). It was collated pretty well for a box with 360 cards, only 10 duplicates. I have almost the entire base set as well as many of the variations and retro ('84 design) plus several other parallels and 4 serial nbr'd cards.

Many folks don't like Panini / Donruss because they don't have MLB logos and a license but I especially like this year because of the retro '84 design inserts. Takes me back to my beginning days opening wax packs.

I have everything in my org in a public collection called "2018 Donruss" if anyone is interested.
Thanks,
- Steve

RE: Nice Value from a 2018 Donruss Jumbo Box
Nice stuff
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

(09-03-2018, 06:50 PM)sshissler Wrote: Found a great deal over on amazon.com for a 2018 Donruss Jumbo Fat Pack Box. Only $69.95. The beckett high value on the box was over $490 and that was with no big time hits. Even at beckett low value, probably around $190 it was a good deal. I got no auto's and 2 game used (Kyle Schwarber and Jacoby Jones). It was collated pretty well for a box with 360 cards, only 10 duplicates. I have almost the entire base set as well as many of the variations and retro ('84 design) plus several other parallels and 4 serial nbr'd cards.

Many folks don't like Panini / Donruss because they don't have MLB logos and a license but I especially like this year because of the retro '84 design inserts. Takes me back to my beginning days opening wax packs.

I have everything in my org in a public collection called "2018 Donruss" if anyone is interested.
Ain't nothing wrong with Donruss! Usually great designs. The Logo / non-logo issue, IMO, shouldn't be much of an issue for a player collector when faced with all these trades. They could start out with one team in spring training and be on 3 teams by the season's end.

[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

The Fat Pack boxes are always a good bang for your buck. Usually no auto but that's not the reason to buy those. For set collectors they are a great option, and I normally get all the inserts with one box. I got the 2017 Donruss Fat Pack box for $50 with an eBay coupon and Beckett value was over $600.