Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Assessing the Damage to My Trout Collection

Assessing the Damage to My Trout Collection
Friends,

As some of you read last month, I sold about 95 percent of my collection.

In order to make the lot attractive enough to sell, in addition to the hundreds of thousands of commons I had to obviously throw in a ton of my best rookie cards, GU, autos, etc.

This included probably 90 percent of my beloved Mike Trout collection.

The one I really didn't want to give up but had to in order to make the deal work was my last remaining 2011 Topps Update US175 RC.

Technically I could have kept it, but in the overall lot I had included an open rack pack box of 2011 Topps Update singles as well as probably 400 or so additional commons, because I had intended to put together a complete set someday.

I figured if the buyer looked through everything and didn't have a Trout to go with the rest of the set he was going to ask about it anyway, so I just threw it in.

I still have enough "juice" to trade for one if anyone has an extra - I know they're tough to come by these days!

Anyway, as I said before I'm very happy with the deal and glad to have the bulk out of my life, but yeah, that is one I wish I had back.

RE: Assessing the Damage to My Trout Collection
Ill Take care of it for you.......give me a week or two as we have a lot going on. You didn't get rid of THE CARD did you?
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(08-03-2018, 11:29 AM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Ill Take care of it for you.......give me a week or two as we have a lot going on. You didn't get rid of THE CARD did you?
PM coming, sir.

this community rules!
Desert racing baseball card collector? Yeah, that's not weird...

(08-03-2018, 11:29 AM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Ill Take care of it for you.......give me a week or two as we have a lot going on.
Hey Joe, a band of card thieving, roller blading, gypsies came through my community the other day and ever since, I just can't seem to find my '52 Mantle Rookie card. Any chance you could take care of that for me, too ..... ???? Smile Smile

That's pretty freakin' amazing of you Pal. Above and beyond. The Retail King is a fortunate man.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(08-04-2018, 06:15 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Hey Joe, a band of card thieving, roller blading, gypsies came through my community the other day and ever since, I just can't seem to find my '52 Mantle Rookie card. Any chance you could take care of that for me, too ..... ???? Smile Smile

That's pretty freakin' amazing of you Pal. Above and beyond. The Retail King is a fortunate man.
Very much so.