`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will the nats really trade Harper???

Will the nats really trade Harper???
I dont think They can afford to resign him??? So to trade or not to trade?
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

RE: Will the nats really trade Harper???
That would be interesting for sure. I wonder who has the farm system to pull something like that off....with the Red Sox, Yankees and Dodgers seemingly set for now I wonder if a team like the Brewers or Rockies would go for a rental like that?
Topps Master Set Builder, Dodgers and Mike Piazza Collector as well.

I'm wondering if his value will go down if his batting average stays low and close to the Mendoza line?
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

I wouldn't hesitate if I were them, get a king's ransom for him while they still can.
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

I think there will be no trade. The Nats are only 7.5 games out with 2 months still left in the season, chasing two very young and inexperienced teams. This I think is their all in season. With free agency looming, I don't anticipate anyone wanting to give up to much (like the Dodgers didn't for Manny) for a two month rental, and the Nats are not just going to give him away.

Now a trade with a guaranteed contract extension is a possibility, but his agent would probably be against it, again because of free-agency.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Agreed. I don't see him getting traded, but I've been wrong before. :-p
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

Wow. Looks like it might happen now that the nats made him available!!!!!
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

(07-30-2018, 09:45 PM)elberson Wrote: Wow. Looks like it might happen now that the nats made him available!!!!!
Yeah, I just heard about that last night. Probably they'll test the waters and see what's available for him. I wish they made him available a week ago ... the Yanks just traded for some pitchers, but could have packaged some sweet prospects and cash for Harper. Bryce would look pretty nice in pinstripes! Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.