`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1958 Topps Jim Brown question

1958 Topps Jim Brown question
Guess you could use this question for just about any vintage card, but I'm looking at Jim Brown rookies right now, so here we go: With both asking prices relatively the same (within $75 of each other), would you rather go for a PSA 6 Jim Brown rookie or a BVG 6.5 Jim Brown rookie card? Would love to hear some different opinions. Thank you in advance.

RE: 1958 Topps Jim Brown question
I'd go PSA on the early cards, they seem to do better at retaining value from the little I've seen. If it's a newer card, BGS would be fine. But I think PSA has a better reputation when it comes to vintage.

Depends if you want to flip it someday or keep it. If flipping, PSA. If collecting, I'd go with BVG only because I have a much larger collection of it and it would fit in well. If I had more PSA than BGS/BVG, then I'd go PSA.

(07-18-2018, 10:39 AM)savagenate Wrote: I'd go PSA on the early cards, they seem to do better at retaining value from the little I've seen. If it's a newer card, BGS would be fine. But I think PSA has a better reputation when it comes to vintage.
I'd say the exact opposite. I'd take BVG over PSA any day. In fact, SGC is even more known for grading vintage cards. PSA is the least credible imo.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

It's a card that I would keep in my PC, no flipping, although I will probably sell my PC down the road in like 20 years or something. I do have more BGS cards than PSA in my collection, but only because I have mostly cards from the 1980s and up.