`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Some questions about COMC selling

Some questions about COMC selling
I think a few people on here mentioned that they've sold on COMC, so I was hoping I could get some answers.

1. Do you have to have an itemized list of every card that you are sending them to sell or do they gather that information for you?
2. How good are they about sticking to their stated turnover times for each service tier?
3. Do you pretty much just send the cards in a 300 (or 500 or whatever) count box in penny sleeves and that is it? Is there a form you include with the package?
4. How long does it usually take to recoup the processing fees from a submission?
5. Has selling on COMC been a mostly positive experience?
6. Anything else I should know before submitting?

Thanks for your time and hopefully for some answer, too!
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

RE: Some questions about COMC selling
Hey, I have done this 3 times. So, to answer your questions:
1. No need to make a list of what you are sending except to remove from your "available for trade" or if you are sending without insurance.
2. They get the cards listed on time.
3. Yes, penny sleeve in a box with cushioning. Make sure you put a red X on anything in the box used only for shipping, such as those pesky kid reporter cards. Otherwise, every card in the box is subject to fees. You fill out a form online and part of it is sent inside your shipment to identify you. Rent for unsold cards is 1 cent per month per card, so nothing to worry about.
4. On a $30 shipment twice (over 100 cards), it took me 2+ months to recoup the cost since nothing sent was over $10 value and most sold for $3 or less. I will do it again someday but no inventory there are this time. Guys will make an offer for less most of the time and you can accept or counter.
5. Mostly positive, but beware of sending cards that are very popular as you will have a lot of competition to sell. Every time I lowered my card somebody else lowered theirs, which means mine just sat there collecting dust until I donated it. So, do a search for the card you want to send and find out how many there are already for sale and lowest asking price. Takes time but worth it not to pay fees on cards that will sit there a long time or sell less than what you paid. You can change your asking price anytime for free, but advertised sales will cost you $3 per day. There are sellers on COMC that get an alert every time a card matching theirs gets a price change, so then they can lower theirs to be the lowest price again. But, eventually they are almost given away, so do the research ahead of time to send cards with low competition!
Good luck! Get them there before Black Friday!

RE: Some questions about COMC selling
(06-25-2018, 02:52 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Hey, I have done this 3 times. So, to answer your questions:
1. No need to make a list of what you are sending except to remove from your "available for trade" or if you are sending without insurance.
2. They get the cards listed on time.
3. Yes, penny sleeve in a box with cushioning. Make sure you put a red X on anything in the box used only for shipping, such as those pesky kid reporter cards. Otherwise, every card in the box is subject to fees. You fill out a form online and part of it is sent inside your shipment to identify you. Rent for unsold cards is 1 cent per month per card, so nothing to worry about.
4. On a $30 shipment twice (over 100 cards), it took me 2+ months to recoup the cost since nothing sent was over $10 value and most sold for $3 or less. I will do it again someday but no inventory there are this time. Guys will make an offer for less most of the time and you can accept or counter.
5. Mostly positive, but beware of sending cards that are very popular as you will have a lot of competition to sell. Every time I lowered my card somebody else lowered theirs, which means mine just sat there collecting dust until I donated it. So, do a search for the card you want to send and find out how many there are already for sale and lowest asking price. Takes time but worth it not to pay fees on cards that will sit there a long time or sell less than what you paid. You can change your asking price anytime for free, but advertised sales will cost you $3 per day. There are sellers on COMC that get an alert every time a card matching theirs gets a price change, so then they can lower theirs to be the lowest price again. But, eventually they are almost given away, so do the research ahead of time to send cards with low competition!
Good luck! Get them there before Black Friday!
Those are some very thorough answers. Thanks much!
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel