`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for HOF RC Collection Suggestions

Looking for HOF RC Collection Suggestions
Hey everyone! I've started a HOF RC collection. Basically gonna try to get the best non auto and non serial numbered RC from each hall of famer as a graded version. I'm sure others have HOF RC collections so my question is what do you do for those people that do not have an official RC? Do you just skip it and consider it complete if you get everyone else or would you try to get their earliest possible card?

Thanks!

RE: Looking for HOF RC Collection Suggestions
(06-11-2018, 11:15 AM)Orioles12 Wrote: Hey everyone! I've started a HOF RC collection. Basically gonna try to get the best non auto and non serial numbered RC from each hall of famer as a graded version. I'm sure others have HOF RC collections so my question is what do you do for those people that do not have an official RC? Do you just skip it and consider it complete if you get everyone else or would you try to get their earliest possible card?

Thanks!
Wouldn't "earliest possible card" be their RC?

(06-11-2018, 12:26 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Wouldn't "earliest possible card" be their RC?
For example, Bud Selig was inducted in 2017 and has 22 cards per the database, but no official rookie cards so I either skip or go a different route.

I would think rookie cards would be exclusive to players and managers and not to executives and broadcasters.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(06-11-2018, 01:29 PM)Orioles12 Wrote: For example, Bud Selig was inducted in 2017 and has 22 cards per the database, but no official rookie cards so I either skip or go a different route.
Ah, got it, didn't think of that.

Yeah, that's a good point, I think there was a Selig in Allen & Ginter or something a couple of years back.

Actually, their "earliest card" should officially be designated a RC, sort of like Bill Belichick's 1990 Pro Set stuff ... I don't believe he ever played, did he?

So why would his first card be designated a RC and Selig's not?

(06-11-2018, 01:45 PM)zeprock Wrote: I would think rookie cards would be exclusive to players and managers and not to executives and broadcasters.
I would concur ... many executives and broadcasters are poorly represented on cardboard, so for those 2 categories (as well as umpires) I'd bs satisfied for any card to be in the collection, but thats just me. For older players, they might not have a card until they were in the league a couple of years, so a first card, although technically, is not a RC, it might be the only option you have.
Good Luck!!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(06-11-2018, 05:48 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Ah, got it, didn't think of that.

Yeah, that's a good point, I think there was a Selig in Allen & Ginter or something a couple of years back.

Actually, their "earliest card" should officially be designated a RC, sort of like Bill Belichick's 1990 Pro Set stuff ... I don't believe he ever played, did he?

So why would his first card be designated a RC and Selig's not?
Yeah, it's weird, right? I want something to make the collection complete, but just not sure what.

(06-11-2018, 07:36 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: I would concur ... many executives and broadcasters are poorly represented on cardboard, so for those 2 categories (as well as umpires) I'd bs satisfied for any card to be in the collection, but thats just me. For older players, they might not have a card until they were in the league a couple of years, so a first card, although technically, is not a RC, it might be the only option you have.
Good Luck!!
I noticed that with older players as well. Like Ty Cobb doesn't have an official RC either. Some are strange to me.

(06-14-2018, 02:45 PM)Orioles12 Wrote: I noticed that with older players as well. Like Ty Cobb doesn't have an official RC either. Some are strange to me.
The first Beckett recognized rookie cards are from 1933 Goudey. Any player who began his career before then may or may not have an "officially recognized" rookie card. To use Ruth as an example his "RC" is 1933 his 20th year in the league.

Scott
50,000+ Red Sox cards and counting.

(06-19-2018, 02:05 PM)scottzoe Wrote: The first Beckett recognized rookie cards are from 1933 Goudey. Any player who began his career before then may or may not have an "officially recognized" rookie card. To use Ruth as an example his "RC" is 1933 his 20th year in the league.

Scott
Sort of like 86-87 Fleer basketball for those players that had "XRCs" in the Star sets.