`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grading Cards

Grading Cards
Beckett?s default grade is Near Mint, but I believe my cards are, at the very least, in Mint condition. But seeing the grade of Pristine in the drop-down list makes me wonder if I don?t understand how cards a re graded.

After purchasing them, I place the cards I need to complete a set in the plastic sleeves of Ultra Pro pages in a large three-ring binder. The duplicates I put in boxes designed for trading cards. They all get stored away from light and dust in opaque Sterlite bins. I usually only touch them the once, but I don?t use cotton inspection gloves.

So how am I supposed to grade my cards with BS grades like Pristine floating around? If people have card collections that are pristine, what do collectors expect when they buy cards in Mint condition?

RE: Grading Cards
I think it would help you to understand that just because you get a card brand new out of the pack, doesn't automatically mean that the cards condition would guarantee Pristine or mint, or even near mint for that matter.

A good example, I collect 2000 Greats of the Game. Very condition sensitive set and hard to grade well out of the pack. The Yankees Clippings often have surface wrinkles around the jersey piece which will guarantee a poor grade.