`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sending Back a Redemption

RE: Sending Back a Redemption
(05-09-2018, 06:47 PM)treywatts@gmail.com Wrote: No QC it seems. They sent me 3 redemptions the other day.

1. They took it upon themselves to remove a Nolan Ryan Clearly Authentic relic card out of a sealed holder and have it graded. Unfortunately I received 1 of the 44 that graded at a 9.

Next, I had a Bellinger Auto rookie /99 Finest worth several hundred dollars. Trevor story Auto material redemptions.

These two cards had no sleeve, top holder, or case. Just loosely in the packaging with the BGS Nolan.

Getting ready to send back the Bellinger for a ding corner and edge.

Wondering if I'll get something worse back though
I have to wonder about the Nolan Ryan and why they would send it in for grading. Maybe Ryan didn't sign enough of the cards, so they were able to buy one on the secondary market for less than the cost to get Ryan to sign so they did that and used it for redemption.

As for the 2 cards being sent without protection, I have never seen or heard of that happening. The last few higher end cards I got from Topps were actually in magnetic holders.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/