`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Finding the Numbering of SSP Cards

Finding the Numbering of SSP Cards
I recently bought a LeBron James autograph from this set and these are the details. It's a 2014 UD Goodwin Sports Royalty Auto.

Sport Royalty Autographs Set Checklist
14 cards
Overall Odds - 1:600 Hobby packs
Individual Odds - Group A 1:17,130 packs, Group B 1:4,670 packs, Group C 1:2,855 packs, Group D 1:1,070 packs
SRA-BH Bob Hannah - Motorsports D
SRA-CA Canelo Alvarez - Boxing D
SRA-DG Dan Gurney - Motorsports D
SRA-GL Guy Lafleur - Hockey B
SRA-KG Ken Griffey Jr. - Baseball C
SRA-LJ LeBron James - Basketball A
SRA-LV Lindsey Vonn - Skiing D
SRA-MJ Michael Jordan - Basketball B
SRA-MM Mark McGwire - Baseball A
SRA-OD Oscar De La Hoya - Boxing C
SRA-RM Rory McIlroy - Golf B
SRA-SL Sydney Leroux - Soccer C
SRA-TW Tiger Woods - Golf A
SRA-WG Wayne Gretzky - Hockey B

According to this Group A are found in about 1 out of every 17,000 packs. Is there a way to tell approx. how many of my card exist? Also, why do companies do this? Why not just have the numbering on the card?

I would appreciate any help!

RE: Finding the Numbering of SSP Cards
Without knowing how many packs were produced, you won't know how many of your card exist. There will be some estimates after a time, but that's as close as you'll get; I imagine.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

RE: Finding the Numbering of SSP Cards
Look on the packs for odds of something that is serial numbered. Then you can use some math to determine approximate print run of any other card. The hard part is if there are a variety of different pack types (hanger, rack, retail, hobby, etc) that all have different odds or have exclusive inserts to the particular type of pack and not other packs. If you have the odds from all different types of packs, then you can calculate an exact print run.

Here is an example of the math assuming all different types of packs have the same odds and no exclusives:

Let's say Insert X is 1:100 and it's serial numbered to 50, and there are a total of 30 different cards in the Insert X set. Also, Insert Y is 1:4 packs, and there are a total of 20 different cards in the Insert Y set. To find out the print run of Insert Y, you first solve to figure out the number of available packs.

Total number of packs = Insert X total print run / Insert X odds
= (50*30) / (1/100)
= 150,000 packs

Now using this same equation, you can determine the print run of Insert Y.
Total number of packs = Insert Y total print run / Insert Y odds
150,000 = Total print run of Y / (1/4)
Total print run of Y = 37,500
Insert Y individual card print run = 37,500 / 20 = 18,750

Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/