`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does This Auto Look Legit?

Does This Auto Look Legit?
Hi, I've been talking to someone about making a deal for this. I'm not sure if it's authentic or not. It's got a COA from Take 2 which used to be a sports memorabilia and framing store. I've seen a ton of LeBron autos and it seems like with his older autograph, they vary so much. Anyone want to drop in their 2 cents? Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: Does This Auto Look Legit?
(05-03-2018, 12:10 PM)ShowerSongs Wrote: Hi, I've been talking to someone about making a deal for this. I'm not sure if it's authentic or not. It's got a COA from Take 2 which used to be a sports memorabilia and framing store. I've seen a ton of LeBron autos and it seems like with his older autograph, they vary so much. Anyone want to drop in their 2 cents? Thanks!
It definitely looks like his old auto, but I believe he signed with Upper Deck even before his rookie season ... so not sure why there would be a piece out there that wasn't verified by Upper Deck?

(05-03-2018, 12:36 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: It definitely looks like his old auto, but I believe he signed with Upper Deck even before his rookie season ... so not sure why there would be a piece out there that wasn't verified by Upper Deck?
I've seen him sign in person autos before. Not sure if this means anything, but he says his stepfather's best friend worked for a big corp. in Cleveland and that's where he got it.

I would stay away from it if I were you. There are way too many fake autographs out there.

Compare it to his autos during that season and the next, which looks like 2006-07 since the pic is from the All Star Game in Vegas.

If anything, you can always get it authenticated by BAS or PSA DNA.

It's tough to say from that picture. Sports and framing shop COAs aren't really worth much, especially if they shop is no longer in existence. If the shop is still around, then call them and ask if they will stand behind it getting authenticated by PSA, JSA, or BAS. If they say yes, then make sure to get a full disclosure as to what they mean (as they say they will take it back and give you a refund, so long as you can provide the receipt for buying it from them). If they aren't willing to stand behind a 3rd party authentication, then I wouldn't buy it at all.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Tough to say, so stay away.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.