Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bowman Retail Bust

Bowman Retail Bust
Friends,

I was able to secure some Target blasters (4), rack packs (4) and jumbo packs (4).

Shohei Ohtani - 2 base cards
Fernando Tatis Jr. (Padres) - 1/1 magenta plate
Darick Hall (Phillies) - green shimmer Chrome auto/99

Other than that, I got the usual mix of paper and chrome prospects, maybe a dozen numbered cards (no big names) and a few Chrome inserts.

Those were perhaps the most disappointing - I got 2-3 of the same names, especially frustrating for an insert set like Top 100 Prospects.

All told, for $150, this might end up being a good break if Tatis or Hall pan out, and I was glad I didn't get shut out on Ohtani at least.

Funny thing, I pulled the Hall from the same Target that I pulled the Rhys Hoskins auto redemption ... Topps must think there are some Phillies fans out this way.

RE: Bowman Retail Bust
Nice that you got an auto when there is no guarantee in those packs! Hope he pans out for you.

(04-26-2018, 12:40 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Nice that you got an auto when there is no guarantee in those packs! Hope he pans out for you.
Thanks!

Last year I pulled a green shimmer/99 auto of Eloy Jimenez out of retail, the book on that one is crazy.

I'm probably done with Bowman ... my rule for retail this year is once I pull the Ohtani RC from a product it's time to move on.

I got the Chrome cards of all the big prospects, so overall I'm happy with the break.

No bad pulls at all! I'm having trouble finding any bowman. Went to five different targets over the weekend, not even a single pack to be found.
Barry Larkin - 1781 different
Joey Votto jersey numbered cards - 283

Nice plate 1/1
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

Is the Hall for trade? If so Id like a shot, along with the RHys auto. Thanks
Looking for Chase Utley, Luka, Messi, Tatis, Jalen hurts, Allen Iverson, Tom Brady, Mahomes, Josh Allen, Juan Soto, Ronald Acuna, Bryce Harper, Allen & Ginter Framed autos

Top Wants
1. Tom Brady Skybox E-x rookie
2. 1998 Peyton Manning Bowman Chrome Rc Refractor
3. Mike Trout Auto

(05-06-2018, 04:13 PM)kfeldman Wrote: Is the Hall for trade? If so Id like a shot, along with the RHys auto. Thanks
They have both been traded.
(05-06-2018, 10:09 AM)alstott9adams Wrote: Nice plate 1/1
Thank you, if he pans out it will be a nice pull.
(04-29-2018, 08:11 AM)bengalsandreds Wrote: No bad pulls at all! I'm having trouble finding any bowman. Went to five different targets over the weekend, not even a single pack to be found.
Since my initial break I found and busted four more of the three-packs with the free camo cards and pulled nothing.

There were three blasters and about eight of the three-packs left in a different store and I just left them for the next moron to waste his money on.

I picked up 3 blasters from my local Target last Tuesday. I got a Luis Robert Green Shimmer Auto redemption and a David Bote base paper auto. I count myself lucky to get 2 auto's in 3 blaster's, especially the Roberts. I have both of these on ebay (ending Tuesday). A friend of mine picked up 4 blasters from the same Target and got only one auto; a gold /50 Brock Burke who's selling for nothing on eBay.
Sets: 2008 Topps Moments & Milestones

(05-18-2018, 05:57 PM)shy1979 Wrote: I picked up 3 blasters from my local Target last Tuesday. I got a Luis Robert Green Shimmer Auto redemption and a David Bote base paper auto. I count myself lucky to get 2 auto's in 3 blaster's, especially the Roberts. I have both of these on ebay (ending Tuesday). A friend of mine picked up 4 blasters from the same Target and got only one auto; a gold /50 Brock Burke who's selling for nothing on eBay.
I picked up several blasters and got zero autos ... a couple of red /5 cards, but no autos at all. From the hanger 3-packs i hit 2 David Bote paper autos. Bowman has been a total bust for me as well. Sad
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(05-19-2018, 12:03 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: I picked up several blasters and got zero autos ... a couple of red /5 cards, but no autos at all. From the hanger 3-packs i hit 2 David Bote paper autos. Bowman has been a total bust for me as well. Sad
Yep, I've seen a few loose packs/jumbos here and there, but by now the pack searchers have run their Cheeto-encrusted fingernails through all the edges so I'm going to pass.