`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Can I Do and Not Do with Beckett ?

What Can I Do and Not Do with Beckett ?
I apologize in advance for my ignorance. I hope my newbie questions do not annoy. The Becket.com site is complex and, frankly, not very intuitively accessible.

I collected seriously Upper Deck Baseball Cards from 1990 to 1996. Now, years later, I will be moving soon and would like to sell off a lot of the things I having packing around over the years--my collections being one of those things.

I can see that I can sell a set card by card, but I'd rather just sell the whole set. Can I do that on Becket.com? If so, how?

I have a set of 1995 UD Minor League Cards, but I cannot find that set listed in the website's "Organize" page. Can anyone tell me if this set is even listed on the site?

Thanks in advance for any help you folks can give me.

Scot

RE: What Can I Do and Not Do with Beckett ?
Beckett does not have their selling cards feature up and running yet for users. Most guys create a Forum Thread with the sale info and hope that someone wants it.
What you cannot do is reference other sites where you are selling cards, like eBay and COMC.
I do not see that Minor League set, either.
Good luck!

Yes 1995 Upper Deck is in here. Easiest way is to get out of org and go to a page which has the blue line up top. In the left box put Baseball and in the right box put 1995 Upper Deck Minor. A list of cards will come up, first card is derek jeter. hope this help's,

quote='scot.denhalter@gmail.' pid='2677426' dateline='1523298524']
I apologize in advance for my ignorance. I hope my newbie questions do not annoy. The Becket.com site is complex and, frankly, not very intuitively accessible.

I collected seriously Upper Deck Baseball Cards from 1990 to 1996. Now, years later, I will be moving soon and would like to sell off a lot of the things I having packing around over the years--my collections being one of those things.

I can see that I can sell a set card by card, but I'd rather just sell the whole set. Can I do that on Becket.com? If so, how?

I have a set of 1995 UD Minor League Cards, but I cannot find that set listed in the website's "Organize" page. Can anyone tell me if this set is even listed on the site?

Thanks in advance for any help you folks can give me.

Scot

[/quote]

[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

also, so youre
aware, cards from that time period have little to no value. For example, the complete 1991 upper deck set can be had right now for a whopping $0.99. Good luck!
Looking for all Kirby Puckett I do not have! Have 805 unique Puckett cards, rest listed as wants.

(04-10-2018, 09:12 AM)charbs1111 Wrote: also, so youre
aware, cards from that time period have little to no value. For example, the complete 1991 upper deck set can be had right now for a whopping $0.99. Good luck!
Really, where are you buying that set for only $0.99? Or are you forgetting to add the cost of shipping, which a seller could be charging anywhere from $5-$20+.
While I agree that a lot of cards from that era are not worth much, there are also plenty that are worth something. It is easy to just categorize all cards from the era as junk, as so many people do, but that simply discourages people from rejoining the hobby. After all a 1991 Upper Deck set has a Chipper Jones rookie in it, and a factory set might have one in Gem Mint condition, which when graded is definitely not something to just throw away.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(04-10-2018, 11:29 AM)djohn Wrote: Really, where are you buying that set for only $0.99? Or are you forgetting to add the cost of shipping, which a seller could be charging anywhere from $5-$20+.
While I agree that a lot of cards from that era are not worth much, there are also plenty that are worth something. It is easy to just categorize all cards from the era as junk, as so many people do, but that simply discourages people from rejoining the hobby. After all a 1991 Upper Deck set has a Chipper Jones rookie in it, and a factory set might have one in Gem Mint condition, which when graded is definitely not something to just throw away.
I do have to say, I once sold a hand-collated set of 2006 Topps Football for 99 cents ... I miscalculated the shipping by $4, so I actually paid someone $3 to take it away from me.

Worst eBay transaction ever, LOL

Thanks for all your help. I never expected my sets to be of much value given the print runs.

I did locate the 1995 UD Minors, however. Much appreciated.

Now that I have plugged them all into Becket.com, I have to fight off the urge to do trades in order to fill all my collections. I went through a 12-step program for that. I guess it didn't take.

(04-10-2018, 11:29 AM)djohn Wrote: Really, where are you buying that set for only $0.99? Or are you forgetting to add the cost of shipping, which a seller could be charging anywhere from $5-$20+.
.99 plus shipping. If shipping costs are actual costs, you are making .99 minus 13% in fees. What is so hard to figure out?
Looking for all Kirby Puckett I do not have! Have 805 unique Puckett cards, rest listed as wants.

(04-11-2018, 12:45 AM)charbs1111 Wrote: .99 plus shipping. If shipping costs are actual costs, you are making .99 minus 13% in fees. What is so hard to figure out?
Let's say the shipping cost is $5. The person buying it is paying $5.99 for the set. Sure, the person selling it is making next to nothing. But selling complete sets on eBay with a starting bid of $0.99 is stupid. If that same set were sold locally they would make more. As if a buyer is willing to pay $5.99 to have the set delivered to them, they would probably be willing to pay about the same amount if they were to see it locally.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/