Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need some advice...

Need some advice...
Hello Beckett Community!

It has been awhile since my last post, but I have been around reading the few posts that do show up. Hopefully everyone is doing well and their collections are still growing. I am looking for some advice on selling my collection.

I have made the tough decision to sell my collection...even my Giroux's. It turns out that I have too many expensive hobbies and I am trying to narrow things down a little. This is a fairly substantial sized collection, and I wanted to just sell it in one big lot as it would take a considerable amount of time to break it apart card by card and list them. I'm also concerned with the cost of shipping everything if it is broken out. Reaching out to D&A, as I heard they purchased collections, appears to have been a waste of my time as they were only interested in any auto that booked for $50 or more. Those are clearly the easiest to sell. My collection consists of some full sets, a few incomplete sets, rookies, inserts, base, autos, and jersey cards.

My questions are:
*Am I going to be forced to take the time to break this apart and sell individually, or are there any other reputable buyers out there that actually deal with larger collections?
*If I do break this out, should I try and sell lots consisting of players, teams, sets, etc?

Everything is added to my Organize, minus the sets (complete and incomplete), to give you an idea of what I have and any and all advice will be greatly appreciated. If there is something in my collection that you need for your personal collection, please let me know and I can add a price and sell it here. This would actually make me really happy if some of these ended up in a good home! If you would like to know what sets I have, just let me know.

Also, this doesn't mean that I will be leaving the community. I will still be around, just not trading. There may be some cards that I will purchase from others in the future, as I will be keeping a handful for my own personal collection.

Thank you for your time and happy collecting!
-Matthew
[Image: flyerssig.jpg]

RE: Need some advice...
Hi I would break it up as if you sell it as one large lot your going to get some trying to get it for the lowest/cheap price and break it up themselves. Maybe sell a few sets as a lot, team lots are a good idea etc. I'd be interested in ur Bruins base,inserts etc.
Selling my org out
Rolleyes

If you're interesting in the money, they more you break it up the more you might make, but--yes--the more time it will certainly take.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Depends what the goal is. If making the most money, you will have to split it, that will also take significant time. If you want to make what you can with minimal time investment, do it as a lot. Trying to do some of both is risky...sell off the top items individually, nobody may want the rest of the lot without the higher end items also included. Then youve spent some time and not maxed out the value, while also left with items.

I had someone do that recently after I made them an offer for an 800 card auto and jsy lot. They came back wanting to take my offer after selling off the top 30 or so autos. I was planning to sell those knowing I may be stuck with the other 700 as most were $8-$10 autos and jerseys that paying for shipping alone would deter someone from an individual resale. So really depends on what your goal is.
Looking for all Kirby Puckett I do not have! Have 805 unique Puckett cards, rest listed as wants.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I have begun breaking everything up into team lots, player lots, sets, etc. This has been a really tough decision, as it has taken me many years to accumulate. There are several cards that I will be keeping, such as my Giroux autos, but everything else will be leaving...hopefully!

-Matthew
[Image: flyerssig.jpg]

(04-14-2018, 02:57 AM)mrwildcat Wrote: Thanks for the feedback everyone. I have begun breaking everything up into team lots, player lots, sets, etc. This has been a really tough decision, as it has taken me many years to accumulate. There are several cards that I will be keeping, such as my Giroux autos, but everything else will be leaving...hopefully!

-Matthew
Through this process I hope you find some hidden gems you forgot you owned!
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Great advice has already been given. Best of luck with this!

If you have any Jhonas Enroth cards, I might need them.