`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Benefit of loading older cards

Benefit of loading older cards
Is there any benefit to loading older cards into my ORG? I'm talking mainly about 1980s-1990s base. Does anyone actually trade for any other that. I can see my collect full of boxes stored in my closet and sorted by year. Then if someone asks for 1990 Donruss Juan Uribe, I can go pull that box and that card. Etc. But do many people actually look for that kind of stuff?

Or is all newer?

I've got quite a bit of vintage (1960s-1970s) in my ORG right now, but no one has been asking for any of that in trade offers. It's all about the autos, GUd and shiny refractors. So was just curious. Just kind of stumped why I haven't been able to trade as much as before I left, and am trying to find the right combination of cards to be putting into my ORG.

RE: Benefit of loading older cards
I can't really answer your question properly, but I can say that there are quite a few vintage collectors on this site (elberson, DrMitchJ, zeprock, bonds20001...just to name a few). If you initiate a trade with others you will be able to move some of it.

I wouldn't bother loading commons from the late 80's and 90's. These products are so cheap that you can buy factory sealed boxes/sets for just a few dollars.
All-time favorite insert card designs:

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  4. 1993 Ultra Award Winners
  5. 2001 Bowman Heritage Chrome
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars

Thanks. That's kind of what I thought. I had them in set form where all I had to do was click the set, check all the bodes at once and enter into my ORG. Was going to take nothing. But if it's not worth it, other than for my ORG to look really large, then I'm not going to worry about it.

(03-23-2018, 01:02 PM)jack pfiester Wrote: I wouldn't bother loading commons from the late 80's and 90's. These products are so cheap that you can buy factory sealed boxes/sets for just a few dollars.

Also, thanks for this. I knew a few of these guys did. Thought others said they did too. But not many have vintage loaded into their ORG. That's where I was coming from. People say they collect vintage, but then they don't have any vintage to trade. It's all newer stuff, and they expect you to trade vintage for their newer stuff.
(03-23-2018, 11:56 AM)kerryandbeth Wrote: I can't really answer your question properly, but I can say that there are quite a few vintage collectors on this site (elberson, DrMitchJ, zeprock, bonds20001...just to name a few). If you initiate a trade with others you will be able to move some of it.

The main benefit is that there are set collectors that might need what you have, team collectors that want their favorite team base,inserts etc, player collectors that collect select stars or non stars, speciality collectors collecting certain things weather it's just autos or the latest hot player. You just have to find out by viewing their profile if filled out or by asking in the trade.
Selling my org out
Rolleyes

I have 70000+ cards for trade and I just added a 1974, 1998 and 3-2001 cards to my PC from trades from people adding older cards..you never know what people need..takes time, but for me, it pays off..

Thanks for the tip. Guess you're probably right. Just never know. As I said, it won't take anything. Just one click as I have the whole set in notebooks. Most work will be getting them out of notebooks and into boxes and figure out where/how to store them.

I just broke up a 1974 Topps set, so I have all the commons and stars that are going to be listed FT soon. Let me know if you need any others. Thanks.

(03-24-2018, 06:19 PM)bonds20001 Wrote: I have 70000+ cards for trade and I just added a 1974, 1998 and 3-2001 cards to my PC from trades from people adding older cards..you never know what people need..takes time, but for me, it pays off..

From the mid 80s thru early 90s, I would stick to loading only cards with $1+ book value, or if they are inserts. Also, loading cards from non-standard sets is useful as some people will be looking for them. I wouldn't bother loading commons from 1988 Topps and stuff similar to that.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

I might be a rare bird, but I'm one of the ones who would benefit from people putting their late '80s and early 90s common base cards in their orgs. As someone who collected as a kid in that era but never completed any sets, I'm trying to go back and finish them now as an adult. And sure, I could just find and buy a complete set but, one, there's no fun in that, and two, it would make all the cards I already collected redundant.

So, I understand for many that it's not worth the time, but if you think it won't be too much of an effort, you never know what someone might be looking for.
Currently looking for rare Sean Doolittle cards
1992 & 1996 Dream Team autos and relics
Bay Area High School and College star autographs