Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
precautionary heads up

precautionary heads up
Hey all,

As a precautionary heads up to any with large collections that live in multi family or apartment buildings.

Someone in my building had bed bugs, didn't notice or for whatever reason, didn't report it. Naturally, they spread into my apartment. The exterminator found a clear distinct path around the heating pipes connecting with my neighbor.

They were contained to my bedroom & not my card room, but the exterminator informed me that i needed to toss all cardboard storage boxes anyways in order to do treatments. Apparently, they like to get into the cracks & seams to hide out & lay eggs. I tried to argue that i needed the boxes for card storage, but that didn't fly and i was forced to spend hundreds on plastic storage tubs. I had to pack up all my other belongings (without using any boxes) and I've been dealing with that drama for several weeks between treatments. I had hoped to start unpacking, having finished the last treatment, but i'm told i need to wait another week for the final inspection.

I painstakingly took a part all my storage boxes and obviously found no signs of anything before tossing them. I've been here for 8 or 9 years and had no issues, but all it takes is 1 or 2 of these little bastards to disrupt everything. To anyone having close by neighbors, take a few minutes every now and again to spot check. It's well worth the time.

To anyone suddenly feeling itchy, it's just your imagination because you don't feel them on or biting you. Nature's perfect little s**t disturbers so be proactive.

Sorry about nasty topic,
Keith

Pretty much trying to work on my YG PC.

RE: precautionary heads up
Ouch. That sucks. =\ Thanks for the warning.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

That is a bummer. Hope you get everything cleared up quickly!

"I tried to argue that i needed the boxes for card storage, but that didn't fly"

Sorry, I was thinking "flies" after you described bugs and eggs and what not.

I don't know if you have a Target in your area, but they are pretty reasonable on plastic storage ... they sell a pack of 5 tubs that fit under an average bed frame for $5, for example.

They have all shapes and sizes pretty cheap, too (way better than like Office Depot or Staples or whatever).

I was able to find 30L storage tubs at Hope Depot that hold almost the equivalent of a 5,000 count box. Took 14 of those just to transfer the cards i had for trade alone. Luckily those were only 6.97 each.

Crazy story! I'm glad things seem to be working out as okay as possible for you.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Been given the all clear finally. Time to unpack and hopefully get back to normal.