`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie with getting started questions

Newbie with getting started questions
I'm going to help my son enter his cards into the Collection and Organize tool. 99% of his cards are the last 3-4 years just the regular topps series 1&2 and updates so he will have plenty of duplicates. he probably has 2000-2500 cards. Any suggestions on getting started and making it as easy as possible so he can do most of the work. He is 13.. Thanks in advance

RE: Newbie with getting started questions
Wish I could help, but I organize my cards using Excel. I've never used the online tool. Good luck!
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

When doing a search to identify cards of a specific year and product (i.e., 2016 Topps), you can select the base cards from the left side of the screen and either select each card from the list or do a group selection using the "Image" box in the top left corner just above the first image. Until you do it, this can be a bit confusing trying to describe it.

For dupes, you can either click the '+' button from the ORG or change the number of cards when adding from the search screen. Good Luck!

He's 13? He'll figure out everything there is to know after he gets his hands on the program, and if there's a 'cheat code' in order to enter info easier, he'll find that too. That is what they do Smile Smile
Welcome aboard!!! Glad there are some new cardboard collectors out there!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

He'll make a few frustrating mistakes along the way like we all did, but he'll figure it out. The most important tip is to have fun. If things start getting frustrating, stop and get away from the org section. Staying there is how more mistakes get made. I know from experience. He'll develop his own style and methods over time, like we all did. That's the exciting part. The fact that he's thirteen makes it really interesting. His brain isn't stuck in something that can't change. It's still forming.

Just remember the only rule: Have fun!
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

If he's entered a card before and finds another one to list, the folder button isn't bold anymore, showing you've been there. Click the card title, and in the "add to org" link, enter the new amounts for Have and Have to Trade and not "1" for adding an additional. So, if he had 3 of a card, don't put 1 like it's going to add it, but a 4 for the new amount.
**Looking for certified autos of these 86 Mets: Ojeda, Aguilera, Elster, K. Mitchell, Heep, Sisk, Leach, Niemann, Hearn, Myers, Sid Fernandez and Davey Johnson MGR **  https://www.flickr.com/photos/164322911@N05/albums

The custom layout in the ORG tab was a game changer for me! make sure to set it up the right way and it makes a huge difference!