Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.57 Average
The Finest Maildays

RE: The Finest Maildays
Very nice stuff!
Do you happen to need Ben Coates Gold Label from 1999? Also have a couple 2011 PC items I may would part with to help your cause.
Collect BARRY SANDERS, Tom Brady, Bama Alums and Randy Moss
[Image: cfFrftN.png]
I only give DC for trades over $50

(05-13-2020, 02:26 PM)foleylion08 Wrote: Very nice stuff!
Do you happen to need Ben Coates Gold Label from 1999? Also have a couple 2011 PC items I may would part with to help your cause.
Thanks! If I had more money Topps Gold Label is certainly worth set chasing but I'm okay to hold off on that. I'm always interested in learning more but I'd hate to pry anything out of your PC unless you were good and done with it Smile.

Some new adds, plus hopefully some very cool '99 adds coming this week:

I really dig the Bettis (with Terrell Davis on the back) because it's a miscut card. The oddballs are always appealing even if I'm not actively actively pursuing the set. 1998 Finest will have it's day, eventually.

I really like the green/emeralds...have I said that enough in various posts? Also, that warner patch is cool!

(05-18-2020, 11:55 AM)savagenate Wrote: I really like the green/emeralds...have I said that enough in various posts? Also, that warner patch is cool!
Thanks! The 2006 Finest set is interesting with their base design heavy on the red and the refractor versions also heavy on the color. Seems like that was the last time Topps did something far out there with "in your face" color design. From 2007-2015 chrome tended to take front and center.

The Warner in my opinion is one of the coolest cards in the set. It's the first memorabilia card you can get of him with a Pro Bowl jersey and among his earliest possible jersey card.

All that is immaterial . Behold, more Topps Finest promotional cards! Considered a 2000 release, these are from the 1999 design. Only available during the Super Bowl party in Atlanta, they came as part of a set. Only need a few more to make this one whole again.

The front has a special logo on the bottom left.

On the back note the differences from the main set:
1. card numbers are # of #
2. back has a chromium and refractor finish
3. Stephen Davis and Brad Johnson both new (not in the 1999 main set)
4. Cards are booklets and open up

Another Gold Refractor:

Here's an example of the inside of one of these cards:

For the 1999 Finest Master set, I'm almost at 91% (655 of 720). Including promotional cards, I'm at 723/794.

Check out my progress here - http://jplarson.com/finest1999.htm. If you see some gaps, drop me a line and let's see if we can work something out! At this point I'm looking for:

31 Gold Refractors
18 Prominent Figures (all in the <48 range)
16 Team Finest
6 Super/Pro Bowl refractor promotional cards

As always thank you for looking

(05-18-2020, 11:40 AM)jplarson Wrote: Thanks! If I had more money Topps Gold Label is certainly worth set chasing but I'm okay to hold off on that. I'm always interested in learning more but I'd hate to pry anything out of your PC unless you were good and done with it Smile.
When I ignorantly said Gold Label, I meant Topps Finest Golden Refractors /100 with the perforated looking edges.
Collect BARRY SANDERS, Tom Brady, Bama Alums and Randy Moss
[Image: cfFrftN.png]
I only give DC for trades over $50

Getting through some backlogs:

The bottom 6 cards are all promotional cards from 1997.

Johnson is #/100
Soward is #/200
Thomas is #/250
Daniels and Nance are #/299

Wells is 6/10
Darren Sproles is not numbered, hard to read his name.

I picked up 2 of the "97 Finest promos, one to open and one to keep sealed.  Thanks for looking!

Keep em coming!
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]

Cool!

Dropping some more Finest plus a couple 1999 Stadium Club Chrome insert refractors.

I posted these two Xfractors in another thread but still very happy to complete the 2010 Finest Xfractor set.  I also stumbled on something from 1995.

These are metal cards that were available through mail order from Topps.  They are made with 4 ounces of bronze.  Series 1 featured these 4 cards originally for $99, then other players were later released during the year.  This batch I bought was particularly interesting because of the included welcome letter.