`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mistake in the database regarding 2017 rookies

Mistake in the database regarding 2017 rookies
I knew that there were mistakes in Beckett's database regarding the 2017 Stadium Club set with a few rookies. Tyler Austin's card, for example, is not listed as a rookie (I'm assuming because the card is missing the RC logo), but it IS a rookie card. It has to be because all of his other rookies are in 2017 products.

Anyway, I just encountered another error. Andrew Toles' card in the 2017 Topps Gallery set is ALSO missing the RC logo and is ALSO not designated as a rookie in Beckett's database. He has 7 rookie cards listed for 2017, though, so the Gallery card must be a rookie, too.

I checked every other Gallery card I've gotten from the 2017 product and the Toles was the only one that was mismarked (and I've opened a LOT of Gallery). Thankfully it doesn't seem to be as bad as the Stadium Club set from 2017, which has several cards missing RC logos.

The RC logo kind of annoys me in this sense because it seems like Beckett is going by that as a designation of what is a rookie card instead of using common sense and realizing that if a player has 7 rookies listed for 2017 (all WITH the RC logo), then a card from another major set released in 2017 MUST be a rookie card even if it lacks the logo.

I'm assuming that this has been a problem in other years, as well, but I just started collecting baseball again in 2017 after a break of about 15 years.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel