`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jordan RC Pricing

Jordan RC Pricing
I am considering selling my 1985 Star and 1986-87 Fleer Michael Jordan rookie cards. Neither card is graded but both went from the pack (or the plastic team bag for the Star) to top loaders so condition is great. My issue is I have had trouble finding reliable pricing to determine what should be a reasonable price to ask for them. Any guidance is appreciated. Thank you!

RE: Jordan RC Pricing
My suggestion would be to get them both graded first. Buyers for cards such as those are going to want to make sure their money is spent on something that is guaranteed authentic. After you do that, just do a quick eBay completed listings search and you should get a fairly accurate representation of pricing.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

(02-14-2018, 11:16 PM)hempick Wrote: My suggestion would be to get them both graded first.
Ditto. That's the best way to find an investor.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Agree with both of y'all that grading is needed; I'm just unwilling to leave the cards with a grading service overnight. That likely means I won't be selling them but don't understand why graders at shows need cards left overnight -- especially cards as valuable as these.

I'm only one person, but your cards are perfectly safe with a reputable third party grading service such as BGS, PSA and SGC.
I've submitted multiple times over the years and have NEVER had a problem. Again, this is coming from one person, and I'm sure there are plenty of people that HAVE had problems with submitting but overall, I think it'll be worth your time and money getting them graded!

Use PSA or BGS for the Jordan RCs. Both are reputable and they regularly deal with cards more valuable than a Jordan RC. Without the PSA or BGS grade the card will not sell for nearly as much regardless of condition. The main reason being that there are tons of fakes of both cards, and almost anyone who is looking to buy one of those cards wants to be 100% certain as to the authenticity.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Understand and agree with each of you. I'm one of the few who has had questions about whether or not the cards that were returned to me were the ones I submitted (fortunately they weren't nearly as valuable as the Jordans). Also, at one point I believe PSA did not grade Star cards but not sure if that is still the case.