`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
e-Pack - Users, opinions & more

e-Pack - Users, opinions & more
It has been a while since anyone has had much to say about this, so...

How many of you are active users? I'd like to hear others opinions of their experiences. Anyone never heard of it? Something to probably investigate but not necessarily participate in.

Personally, I didn't think much of it when it first kicked off and really wondered what the appeal would be. After a couple years, I would admit that it has grown on me quite a bit. Pro's - being able to open packs whenever and without looking for a LCS. Not having to deal with garbage, unwanted base (or online non-physical) cards. Agreeing to trades & not worrying about receiving cards. Tie-in to COMC for shipping, selling & getting cards to BGS directly for grading. Con's - being able to open packs whenever and without looking for a LCS. Pricing isn't outstanding (there are occasional sales), but getting whacked with CC or Paypal addit forex costs are killer for us Canadians. You find more a-hole traders that need to WIN on every exchange.

What has it done to the industry? I think some of the cash flow has shifted away from the LCS's. I still support mine, perhaps to a lesser extent, because you can't replace the feel & fun of ripping wax & having that immediate gratification of a good pull (insert redemption smiley here). My main concern is what it has done to aftermarket pricing for certain products. With the exception of only a few special players with major hobby love, the sellers on COMC have reduced the value of Young Guns for instance to almost nothing. While this is fabulous for set builders & speculators (btw congrats to all who hoarded Barzal), I don't think it's doing the hobby any favours in the long term.

Like it or not, it always provides the chance for some fabulous hits. I've managed a few worth mentioning. McDavid rookie canvas, 2016 Ben Simmons Sport Royalty auto, 16-17 MVP auto redemption Matthews, and just recently a 2017 Tiger Goudey auto & the Ben Simmons Exquisite auto/99.

Overall, I can't complain. It can be fun, but proceed with caution.
RootnTootn

RE: e-Pack - Users, opinions & more
I really like EPack. However, since my PC's are fairly narrow there hasn't been much for me to chase on there. So I usually just bust the free base packs and use those for trades when/if I can.

I haven't bought any packs just yet. Just rip the free packs. I will pick up a few packs sooner than later.

Mike
[Image: new-york-skyline-day-panorama_zps1b18efc9.jpg]

Collects NY Yankees, NY Jets, NY Knicks, NY Islanders and NJ Devils as well as players in signature

So I have a question, because I'm way intrigued by some of the hits you mentioned you pulled (like the Ben Simmons auto).

These are free packs that you can rip? Where? And do you actually get the physical cards?

I'm assuming there is more to this than I am aware of?

Thanks!

(01-24-2018, 01:57 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: So I have a question, because I'm way intrigued by some of the hits you mentioned you pulled (like the Ben Simmons auto).

These are free packs that you can rip? Where? And do you actually get the physical cards?

I'm assuming there is more to this than I am aware of?

Thanks!
Free packs only have base cards in them. At least that was the way last year when it was first introduced.

The hits above would have been from packs they paid for.

Yes, you can get the physical cards (except base) but I understand it can be expensive if you have a large quantity. You can also have them sent to you COMC account free of charge I believe.

[Image: 36415429146_421111660f_b.jpg]Scott Nobles, on Flickr

(01-24-2018, 04:42 PM)snobles Wrote: Free packs only have base cards in them. At least that was the way last year when it was first introduced.

Yes, you can get the physical cards (except base) but I understand it can be expensive if you have a large quantity. You can also have them sent to you COMC account free of charge I believe.
Thank you for the info, I knew there had to be more to it than that, LOL

(01-24-2018, 04:42 PM)snobles Wrote: Free packs only have base cards in them. At least that was the way last year when it was first introduced.

Definitely no hits in the free packs. Correct on the free transfers to COMC. Shipping from both COMC or UD is pretty close to the same price, base amt + .25 per card, but COMC will add toploaders for a fee. Both sites require you to set a declared value for your 'e-pack' cards when shipping out of the US. I prefer COMC because I do purchase items there & those do not require addit shipping costs other than toploaders if desired.
RootnTootn