`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommendations to get back into the game?

Recommendations to get back into the game?
Hey guys, I've been away from trading and collecting for some time now. I told myself I wasn't gonna trade anymore but the more I've been reading the forum the more I really do miss trading with you guys! Between getting married, having 2 kids, a new house, and major surgery which I'm recovering from I have a lot of down time so I was thinking this would be a great time to build up my org so I have cards to trade with. I would love to buy a medium or large flat rate box filled with the past few years worth of stuff that I've missed, does anyone know anybody or can recommend a place to get one that isn't filled with 80's stuff? Thanks for any help guys!
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

RE: Recommendations to get back into the game?
It's tough to find a box not loaded with '80s and '90s for a good price, but you will likely find a few hidden nuggets in there, anyway! Try thrift stores and estate sales. You never know what you are getting, but if you have got time to spend and you subscribe here you can sort and sort and sort for days--which its a huge part of the fun for me. It is great surgery recovery, and I know from experience. I end up rarely finding exactly what I want, but someone always wants it, and that is where that trading comes in. I indirectly build up my PC slowly by buying those random boxes from time to time. Those loads of extra cards? I donate them to Harbor House. Everyone comes out ahead.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

+1 on what jonathani recommends. I'd also try your local goodwill. Again, probably tons of 80-90's cards but you never know. Good Luck and great to see you back!
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(01-07-2018, 11:31 PM)ryanmo5 Wrote: Hey guys, I've been away from trading and collecting for some time now. I told myself I wasn't gonna trade anymore but the more I've been reading the forum the more I really do miss trading with you guys! Between getting married, having 2 kids, a new house, and major surgery which I'm recovering from I have a lot of down time so I was thinking this would be a great time to build up my org so I have cards to trade with. I would love to buy a medium or large flat rate box filled with the past few years worth of stuff that I've missed, does anyone know anybody or can recommend a place to get one that isn't filled with 80's stuff? Thanks for any help guys!
Welcome back.
You want new packs/boxes or just a whole bunch of cards?
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and the warm welcome back, will respond to pm kerry in the morning! Someone also told me yard sales are a good place sometimes.
(01-08-2018, 11:30 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Welcome back.
You want new packs/boxes or just a whole bunch of cards?
Just a bunch of cards to fill the org with cards ft. Doesn't have to be anything special just something to get some base trades going. Would love to get some recent stuff just to check it out as well. I've missed the last 2 years of product so it would bee cool to check the more recent sets out you know?

Welcome back and hope you are recovering nicely from surgery. I would suggest going to some card shows and sifting through the single card discount boxes that most dealers have set out. Can usually find some good trade bait there on the cheap.

(01-10-2018, 02:36 PM)mgruber2 Wrote: Welcome back and hope you are recovering nicely from surgery. I would suggest going to some card shows and sifting through the single card discount boxes that most dealers have set out. Can usually find some good trade bait there on the cheap.
Thank you sir, I am doing great so far! Yep the cheap route will have to work for now, I think for now I will go to shows, hit up yard sales, get stuff online on the cheap and slowly build up my collection again. Rome wasn't built in a day lol

Welcome back! How is you D-backs collection these days? It seems like everyone is collecting Goldy now.

Send you a PM

(01-11-2018, 05:03 PM)magneto2 Wrote: Welcome back! How is you D-backs collection these days? It seems like everyone is collecting Goldy now.
Thanks man, I still have my dbacks collection except my 1000 plus cards I had of Randy Johnson which I sold. Goldy collecting is reaching 500 unique cards so still going strong there! Tough to get his stuff now though, the bay is ridiculous! People are asking 50.00 for a 20.00 bv card lol, pricing me out of most of his better stuff.
(01-11-2018, 06:59 PM)franciscomarina Wrote: Send you a PM
Responded, good to see your still here. Always enjoyed trading with you through the years!