`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First football set with a 1/1 parallel

First football set with a 1/1 parallel
Does anyone happen to know what is the first football set with a stamped(or printed) on card 1/1 or (one of one)? The earliest one I have come across, and have in my collection is 1998 Collector's Edge Odyssey Single Edge Curtis Martin card #181.
I collect NY Jets cards

RE: First football set with a 1/1 parallel
The earliest sets I can remember were the Stadium Club Printing Plates but I don't know what year they started those
I collect Ray Lewis, Roger Staubach, Drew Pearson, Kellen Winslow Sr..  I no longer keep my Org here up to date. Please check with me.  Here is a thread with links to my inventory.

1998 Ultra had Masterpiece cards that were 1/1. I am sure the Marino, Smith, Favre, Brunell, etc. collectors will have an answer for you.

Score had a 1/1 Masterpiece parallel in 1998, too:

[Image: s-l225.jpg]

(I own two of the same Rob Johnson 1/1 from this set - gotta love factory liquidations!)
[Image: sp9m5j.jpg]

Definitely 1997, at least for football...among the first ever football 1/1 parallel sets were Flair Masterpieces and Playoff Contenders Gold...Stadium Club and Pinnacle also introduced the first printing plates that year as well.
[Image: aoM1_zps2mg995on.gif]

1997 Flair Showcase Masterpieces are the earliest 1/1 cards I can remember.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(01-08-2018, 09:51 AM)djohn Wrote: 1997 Flair Showcase Masterpieces are the earliest 1/1 cards I can remember.
Thank You
(01-06-2018, 10:31 PM)nittany13 Wrote: Definitely 1997, at least for football...among the first ever football 1/1 parallel sets were Flair Masterpieces and Playoff Contenders Gold...Stadium Club and Pinnacle also introduced the first printing plates that year as well.
Thank You
I collect NY Jets cards

1997 Pinnacle xpress had 1 of 1 printing plates because I had a Favre and still have a Jamal Anderson
[Image: Dallas-1.jpg]