`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warning to Canadians about USPS changes

Warning to Canadians about USPS changes
Begining on 1-22 US sellers it appears will no longer be able to send a few cards to Canada as a large envelope at a cost of 2.50 USD. ALL merchandise will have to sent as a parcel no matter how little it is worth at a rate of 9.50 USD. Not even sure you can put 1 card in a PWE envelope and mail it that way anymore either.

RE: Warning to Canadians about USPS changes
Not surprising. We have been shafted for the past few years. Even a single card to the States goes as a light packet and costs $8-10. It is a dying service. They need to make money somehow.

Randi

sadly that pricing is part of the reason why ive stopped trading

My understanding is that the Universal Postal Union congress which oversees mailing all over the planet set a price that each country is to charge to handle anything that is merchandise from another country. For me here in the US I was told it is 4.00 per package. Has been in place for several years but kinda winked at when mailing between the US and Canada some times. I find that packages mailed from canada to me now if they are kept flat and even seem to get through for a lot less postage.

This is crazy and seems like a scam somehow. I'll need to look into it more. I just sent a trade to the Czech Republic that wasn't too bad. I don't want to be scared off from a country next door!
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(01-01-2018, 10:20 PM)hckydv7 Wrote: Begining on 1-22 US sellers it appears will no longer be able to send a few cards to Canada as a large envelope at a cost of 2.50 USD. ALL merchandise will have to sent as a parcel no matter how little it is worth at a rate of 9.50 USD. Not even sure you can put 1 card in a PWE envelope and mail it that way anymore either.
So tried printing a label to mail to Canada as a large envelope today could not. So it appears the only options for mailing from the USA to Canada are the 8.66 -- ebay rate-- for a parcel, or sending it in a PWE for 1.15

I get it, but it always sucks to see pricing go up. Harder to do trades like this in some cases. Especially if it's a lower-end card trade.

Yes this is not good.
[Image: scan0004-1-1.jpg] [Image: scan0005-1-1.jpg]
Collecting; Flyers-Red Wings-Brodeur-Cujo-Hasek-Shanahan, 04-05 Franchises Memorabilia