Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MY FIRST RAINBOW EVER! 2017 Bowman Chrome Max Fried
Rainbow 
MY FIRST RAINBOW EVER! 2017 Bowman Chrome Max Fried
Hi guys, just thought I'd share my first full rainbow of one of my favorite young players, Max Fried, in my favorite set of the year. The cards are really nice, and once I picked up the SuperFractor, decided to go for the whole thing. Not necessarily the biggest name, but given the two 1 of 1's, I'm still quite proud of it!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Collecting current and former Braves: Maddux, Chipper, Andruw, Glavine, Smoltz, McCann, Kelly Johnson, Prado, and just about anybody else in a Braves uniform.

...Except Melky Cabrera, of course.

RE: MY FIRST RAINBOW EVER! 2017 Bowman Chrome Max Fried
Who??? Just joking. Very nicely done
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

Congrats! Did you buy or pull the super? I'm working on my own right now and interested on how you acquired the super. Great set and he has potential, Congratulations again!

Here is my Photobucket library:
http://s296.photobucket.com/user/captaina789/library/?sort=3&page=1
Collecting most Top 100 Prospects and AMAZING patch cards

Well done!
Barry Larkin - 1781 different
Joey Votto jersey numbered cards - 283

Wow, congrats! That's something to be proud of for sure!
I'm always open to trading.  My wants are varied (multiple sets from 1980 to now and some misc. players) and all my wants are marked.  Open offers welcome!

Trade Scans

(12-05-2017, 01:02 AM)1god4me Wrote: Congrats! Did you buy or pull the super? I'm working on my own right now and interested on how you acquired the super. Great set and he has potential, Congratulations again!
Thank you!! I won the SuperFractor in an auction, and happened to find the Black Shimmer on a BIN a few weeks later. So definitely got lucky that they'd both been pulled and put up for sale. The hardest one to find, though, was the Red Refractor #/5.

Thanks again for the kind words, and good luck in your search!
Collecting current and former Braves: Maddux, Chipper, Andruw, Glavine, Smoltz, McCann, Kelly Johnson, Prado, and just about anybody else in a Braves uniform.

Yep, nailing down the Superfractor is definitely a good strategy to putting a rainbow together.
Good Job and congrats on your success.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(12-06-2017, 12:05 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Yep, nailing down the Superfractor is definitely a good strategy to putting a rainbow together.
Good Job and congrats on your success.
Thank you very much, and thanks to everyone for the kind words!

(12-05-2017, 06:48 PM)bravesmadduxfan Wrote: Thank you!! I won the SuperFractor in an auction, and happened to find the Black Shimmer on a BIN a few weeks later. So definitely got lucky that they'd both been pulled and put up for sale. The hardest one to find, though, was the Red Refractor #/5.

Thanks again for the kind words, and good luck in your search!
Wow that's really cool! Do you plan on keeping it or selling if Fried has a good year?
Here is my Photobucket library:
http://s296.photobucket.com/user/captaina789/library/?sort=3&page=1
Collecting most Top 100 Prospects and AMAZING patch cards

Very cool. Never tried. Like you said, you never know if the 1/1 has even been pulled from a pack yet and if so, is it already in hand of a player collector. I've contemplated it by looking for a 1/1 first and going from there but never pulled the trigger.