`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 Topps Fire - hit another 1/1

2017 Topps Fire - hit another 1/1
After the luck I had with Topps Fire collector boxes, I really wanted to get a few more, plus I really wanted to try and finish the insert sets too. Unfortunately the inserts in the hanger packs and blasters are colored (blue or gold) and not the same as the base. So the only way to get more is from the $70 collector boxes. Well, as luck would have it Blowout had some of the collectors boxes in their Black Friday sale at $70/box. I couldn't resist, so I bought 2. The first one wasn't bad...

Box 1:
Flame Parallels: Raimel Tapia RC, Rob Zastryzny RC, Renato Nunez RC, Chris Davis, Justin Upton
Orange Parallels (/299): Ian Happ, AJ Pollock
Green Parallels (/199): Clemente, David Price
Onyx Parallel: Mookie Betts
Auto Purple parallel: AJ Pollock 25/50
Jersey Green parallel: Michael Fulmer 50/75

Not bad, considering the Onyx parallels are 1 in 10 boxes and I got a decent name.

I then debated about opening the 2nd box tonight or waiting, as I have a bunch of Black Friday boxes to open and have been slowly pacing myself. I am still in shock from the hit.

Autograph 1/1 Sandy Koufax

It was in the very first pack, so I haven't even finished opening the rest of the box yet. I am still shaking a bit as I type this. It's the 2nd 1/1 I have pulled from Topps Fire, but it's my first Koufax autograph. The card looks amazing, and I will most definitely be putting it up for sale, as I need to off set some of the spending I did during Black Friday. But for now, I am just going to keep staring at it in disbelief. I will update with the rest of the 2nd box, once I come back down to Earth.
Ok, so that was fun. The rest of the box was good too, but nowhere near the feeling of pulling the Koufax.

Box 2:
Flame Parallels: Lewis Brinson RC, Winfield, Canseco, Carlos Martinez, Danny Duffy
Orange Parallels (/299): Orlando Arcia RC, Koufax, Machado
Green Parallel: Yulieski Gurriel RC 116/199
Purple Parallel: Arenado 15/99
Jersey Magenta Parallel: Tyler Austin 03/25
and of course the Koufax auto 1/1

I still need more of the inserts to complete the sets, so if I come across another box I may just buy it.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

RE: 2017 Topps Fire - hit another 1/1
Great pull! Congrats! If you can get a picture up, I - along with others I'm sure- would like to see it.
Barry Larkin - 1781 different
Joey Votto jersey numbered cards - 283

WOW!!! Congrats!!! That is one MONSTER hit!!!! You're literally on FIRE !! LOL sorry, bad pun.
Hey, can I ask a favor ... if you post a picture of Koufax, could you also put up a pic of the Onyx card. I don't think I have any, but perhaps I missed it, thinking it wasn't anything special. Thanks and Congrats!!!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Nice hit. Yes, I too would like to see a pic if you have one. Some of us have never seen such greatness. Smile
Currently collecting Mike Trout, Bo Jackson and Al Kaline.

Sets for sale or trade:

1998 Leaf Rookies & Stars-- 99.7% complete.
1999 Finest-- Complete.
2000 Bowman Chrome-- Complete.
2001 Studio---97% complete.

(12-02-2017, 10:18 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: WOW!!! Congrats!!! That is one MONSTER hit!!!! You're literally on FIRE !! LOL sorry, bad pun.
Hey, can I ask a favor ... if you post a picture of Koufax, could you also put up a pic of the Onyx card. I don't think I have any, but perhaps I missed it, thinking it wasn't anything special. Thanks and Congrats!!!
Since Photobucket is gone, I don't have an easy way to post pics. However the Onyx cards are somewhat easy to spot once you know what to look for. Since they aren't serial numbered they can be mistaken for the flame version though. The way to spot them is that they have the refractor finish like all the parallels, but the area that would normally have a reddish orange flame color is all black.

Here is an example:
This is the regular Hank Aaron
[Image: s-l500.png]
This is the flame version
[Image: s-l500.jpg]
This is the Onyx version
[Image: s-l1600.jpg]
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Thanks ... i need to check & see if any 'flew under my radar' ... appreciate the heads-up.

So far ... found an Adam Duvall onyx
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

why do they gotta make it a guessing game, seriously... Nice card guys!
Desert racing baseball card collector? Yeah, that's not weird...

(12-02-2017, 10:43 PM)flamethrower Wrote: why do they gotta make it a guessing game, seriously... Nice card guys!
It's a little better when they give the variant card a different code on the back.
Remember trying to hunt down the 'sparkle' cards in 2011? Now THAT was really difficult. Thankfully, the Fire Onyx variant is so much more easily identifiable.

nasty 1/1
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK