`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Retail vs Hobby

Retail vs Hobby
I know hobby boxes have guaranteed hits, but for something like Upper Deck Series 1 or 2 that doesn't have guaranteed autos or jerseys would hobby be the way to go or would retail be better bang for your buck. Would I still have a chance at getting good Young Guns from these?

RE: Retail vs Hobby
I prefer retail most of the time, since you can still hit those big Young Guns which would be a huge win (at a cheaper price point), especially during the recent McDavid/Matthews S1 products, respectively.

All of my best hits have been from retail ... I pulled a McDavid YG out of a WalMart tin a couple of years ago, and a Matthews RC out of the first jumbo pack from Target last year.

Upper Deck flagship isn't really known for its chase cards, as the YGs are actually the biggest hits.

So I think for the price, retail is actually better.

The Only difference is some parallels and inserts are only available in Hobby. But for me just not worth the extra price for what comes to 1 or 2 cards per box

I bought a retail box of 15-16 Upper Deck at Walmart (didn't have anything more recent). It was 35 bucks after tax for 10 packs of 5 cards each. It was all base except for two Young Guns and a Seguin Canvas. Wasn't too pumped about that purchase

(11-28-2017, 04:24 PM)Motian Wrote: I bought a retail box of 15-16 Upper Deck at Walmart (didn't have anything more recent). It was 35 bucks after tax for 10 packs of 5 cards each. It was all base except for two Young Guns and a Seguin Canvas. Wasn't too pumped about that purchase
Yeah, those aren't that great. The ones in the tins are usually the best breaks, I think they are normally 12 packs of eight cards each.

Agreed the tins are great! I get a Brock Bossier and Canvas of Haydn Fleury out of one at Hobby shop!

Tins it is!
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.