`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Counterfeit 86 Fleer Jordan RC in BCCG holder

Counterfeit 86 Fleer Jordan RC in BCCG holder
This was brought to my attention on another forum.

I have never seen this before from BGS, BVG, BCCG holders but this seller is selling a counterfeit Jordan Fleer rookie in a BCCG holder.

If I had to guess, someone cracked out a Jordan BCCG 10 and put a counterfeit one in and glued the case back together. I suppose it's possible the case could be counterfeit as well but I have never seen fake BGS, BVG or BCCG cases.

I have been a loyal BGS/BVG customer and collector but PLEASE BECKETT... DO AWAY WITH BCCG!!

EDIT; forgot to put ebay item number- 232555044938
So I realized it was a "Sold" listing and the link isn't working. If anyone is actually interested here is the title of the ebay listing;
"Michael Jordan Fleer Rookie Card - BCCG 10"
Seller - bosox151

RE: Counterfeit 86 Fleer Jordan RC in BCCG holder
(11-14-2017, 11:30 PM)altz11 Wrote: This was brought to my attention on another forum.

I have never seen this before from BGS, BVG, BCCG holders but this seller is selling a counterfeit Jordan Fleer rookie in a BCCG holder.

If I had to guess, someone cracked out a Jordan BCCG 10 and put a counterfeit one in and glued the case back together. I suppose it's possible the case could be counterfeit as well but I have never seen fake BGS, BVG or BCCG cases.

I have been a loyal BGS/BVG customer and collector but PLEASE BECKETT... DO AWAY WITH BCCG!!

EDIT; forgot to put ebay item number- 232555044938
So I realized it was a "Sold" listing and the link isn't working. If anyone is actually interested here is the title of the ebay listing;
"Michael Jordan Fleer Rookie Card - BCCG 10"
Seller - bosox151
It's not coming up on my ebay search. How did you know it was a fake? What gave it away?
By the way I wish Beckett would get rid of BCCG too.

Here is the link. You are going to have to copy and paste it into your browser. The listing has ended so you will have to scroll down the page a bit to see the pics. Looks legit to me but what do I know???

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Michael-Jordan-...7675.l2557
Currently collecting Mike Trout, Bo Jackson and Al Kaline.

Sets for sale or trade:

1998 Leaf Rookies & Stars-- 99.7% complete.
1999 Finest-- Complete.
2000 Bowman Chrome-- Complete.
2001 Studio---97% complete.

Ah ok, I see what you mean. There are several red flags, even though the pics are a little blurry.
Maybe the guy didn't swap out an original with a counterfeit. Maybe BCCG didn't catch it and graded it. Wouldn't be the first time. Just saying.

(11-15-2017, 01:07 PM)cweiland Wrote: Looks legit to me but what do I know???
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Michael-Jordan-...7675.l2557

cweiland,
I've been collecting Jordan cards and his Fleer Rookies for a few years now and I can say with 100% certainty it is a counterfeit copy.

The clarity of the card is terrible, very foggy and cloudy.
The "Fleer" banner color is wrong. It is completely yellow when it should be yellow and then darker yellow, almost gold towards the right where it bends.
The border on the front is too thin
The colors on the reverse are off. The red (where the bulls logo sits) and the pink are too bright, they are much more dull on authentic copies. I will see if I can find a similar reprint that looks like this one on ebay.
Doing a (very) quick search, I found a similar Jordan reprint. Has same picture clarity, similar boarder, same colors.
Sorry don't know how to link. Here is the Ebay number; 182894108559

(11-16-2017, 02:38 AM)altz11 Wrote: cweiland,
I've been collecting Jordan cards and his Fleer Rookies for a few years now and I can say with 100% certainty it is a counterfeit copy.

The clarity of the card is terrible, very foggy and cloudy.
The "Fleer" banner color is wrong. It is completely yellow when it should be yellow and then darker yellow, almost gold towards the right where it bends.
The border on the front is too thin
The colors on the reverse are off. The red (where the bulls logo sits) and the pink are too bright, they are much more dull on authentic copies. I will see if I can find a similar reprint that looks like this one on ebay.
Doing a (very) quick search, I found a similar Jordan reprint. Has same picture clarity, similar boarder, same colors.
Sorry don't know how to link. Here is the Ebay number; 182894108559
Thanks for the information I will go and check it out.

Sets for sale or trade:

1999 Finest-- Complete.

A lot of issues the counterfeits have has mostly to do with printing and color separation. There's a lot more fuzziness where colors meet when they should be clean and clear. Pay attention to certain areas where the colors and printing need to be very fine. It can be kind of difficult to spot these things through pictures though, especially when the seller is intentionally trying to hide the counterfeits flaws by making the pictures blurry.

Now, the big things that jump out with me on this card, aside from what I just mentioned, are on the front of the card on the nameplate the color blue is too dark. You can also see the font for "Michael Jordan" is wrong and the letters are spaced too far apart.
On the back of the card in the stats area there's an extra line under the pro totals that shouldn't be there. There's one line too many.

I actually think BCCG didn't catch this. Unfortunately grading companies miss these. Bummer. Be careful everyone.

Great info. Thanks for sharing.

Sets for sale or trade:

1999 Finest-- Complete.

(11-16-2017, 07:11 PM)batemanshouse Wrote: I actually think BCCG didn't catch this. Unfortunately grading companies miss these. Bummer. Be careful everyone.
I tend to agree with you on this, as it's much more likely that the BCCG grader didn't catch the issues indicating that it was a fake. I agree as well that Beckett should do away with BCCG, as they don't do nearly as thorough a job inspecting the cards.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(11-16-2017, 07:11 PM)batemanshouse Wrote: I actually think BCCG didn't catch this. Unfortunately grading companies miss these.
That is unacceptable.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.