`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 Update Chrome Mega boxes are out at Target!! Updated again++! Lucky streak !!!

2017 Update Chrome Mega boxes are out at Target!! Updated again++! Lucky streak !!!
Bought 3 boxes today. Pulled a Benintendi Auto redemption! WooHoo!!!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: 2017 Update Chrome Mega boxes are out at Target!!
get out! (no seriously get out now).... so rad, congrats doc!
Desert racing baseball card collector? Yeah, that's not weird...

I was at target today, did not see a one. Maybe I'll check back tomorrow....
Congrats by the way.
Barry Larkin - 1781 different
Joey Votto jersey numbered cards - 283

(11-08-2017, 10:00 PM)flamethrower Wrote: get out! (no seriously get out now).... so rad, congrats doc!
LOL
Thanks.

BTW: The Mega Box price was raised to $19.99 instead of the usual $14.99, but its 7 packs of Chrome instead of the 2 packs of Chrome + 5 other packs ... IMO, a much better deal.
(11-08-2017, 10:04 PM)bengalsandreds Wrote: I was at target today, did not see a one. Maybe I'll check back tomorrow....
Congrats by the way.
Thanks!
Good Luck. Hope you find them. Not sure if they're exclusive to Target. 2 out of my 3 nearby targets had them. I Never checked WalMart yesterday ... so they might be there, too.

In my 3 boxes, besides the Benintendi redemption, I pullled a Judge RC, A Bellinger RC and ASG, a Kershaw refractor /250 and a Domingo German /50 gold.
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Wow you did really good so far. I will be buying a ton of these as soon as I can find them, and plan to put together at least 1 complete set if not more. They are Chrome only packs and only supposed to be available at Target. The odds on autos actually aren't that bad, but refractors are actually pretty tough. So to get an auto, refractor, and gold out of a few boxes is really good.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(11-08-2017, 09:35 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Bought 3 boxes today. Pulled a Benintendi Auto redemption! WooHoo!!!
Congrats on the nice hit!
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Great hit and thanks for announcing! Grabbed five on my way home!

(11-09-2017, 06:21 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Thanks!
Good Luck. Hope you find them. Not sure if they're exclusive to Target. 2 out of my 3 nearby targets had them. I Never checked WalMart yesterday ... so they might be there, too.
My wife told me she was at target, and sent me a picture of the card aisle. Boom! Chrome mega boxes. I told her that's what I'm looking for. Then she asked, "How many do you want?" After picking my jaw up off the floor, I sent back the obvious answer.... "All of them." We'll see what she actually brings home.
Barry Larkin - 1781 different
Joey Votto jersey numbered cards - 283

I bought one today. Wasn't spectacular other than a Judge RC, Daniel Murphy AS Xfractor #'d 99, and I got 4 Rookie cup cards of McGwire, Posey, Chipper Jones, and Correa. Love Topps Chrome Update!!
All-time favorite insert card designs:

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  4. 1993 Ultra Award Winners
  5. 2001 Bowman Heritage Chrome
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars

Wow, they are hard to find. I bought an uneventful box yesterday. It was the only one on the shelf, and it could have stayed there, for what it was worth. Almost all duplicates and nothing to write home about. BUT, today, I found a Target that has been untouched by collectors and grabbed 3 boxes (regrettably leaving 7 boxes behind) and as luck would have it, pulled a redemption for a Gold Auto of Cody Bellinger!!!
I think I'll quit while I'm ahead. Benintendi Red Auto and Bellinger Gold Auto redemptions out of 7 boxes... that is waaaaaay ahead of the odds.
Once I find a pic host that works well with my iPad or iPhone, I'll post'em when I get'em.