`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going old school!

Going old school!
After watching auctions end for meager prices on Topps Fire inserts, I've diverted my full attention to buying older factory sealed sets and wax boxes.

Just purchased a 1987 Classic Game factory sealed set for $29 w/ free shipping, plus a 2000 Fleer Tradition Glossy factory sealed set which includes a Lumberjacks game used bat insert.

Yesterday I purchased a 2004 Upper Deck Update set and I pulled an Adrian Beltre game used jersey card #'d out of 75.

Anything made in the last 10 years just isn't my cup of tea!
All-time favorite insert card designs:

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  4. 1993 Ultra Award Winners
  5. 2001 Bowman Heritage Chrome
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars

RE: Going old school!
That's what makes this an awesome hobby...there really is,something to appeal to all kinds of collectors. Very cool.

If you're looking to buy a bunch of the 80s-2000s sets I have a lot of them that I am willing to sell at great prices. I have both factory sets as well as hand-collated sets that I have put together. If there are any specific ones you're looking for let me know. I have them for all sports too.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

That's awesome! It's fun to open older wax!

Got a 1992 Score Rookie/Traded set in the mail today. Always loved seeing players in their new uniforms!

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars

Nice I do the same
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

I just wrapped up another 1991 Donruss series 1 box the other night. Still chasing Sandberg once per year. lol

Hopefully this gets the juices flowing for you again!

(10-26-2017, 08:11 AM)wpro11 Wrote: I just wrapped up another 1991 Donruss series 1 box the other night. Still chasing Sandberg once per year. lol

Hopefully this gets the juices flowing for you again!
How many boxes have you opened? Have you even pulled an Elite insert? With my luck I figured I'd pull the Doug Drabek by now! Tongue

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars

(10-26-2017, 11:24 AM)jack pfiester Wrote: How many boxes have you opened? Have you even pulled an Elite insert? With my luck I figured I'd pull the Doug Drabek by now! Tongue
*EDIT* My guess over the years, is probably about 18 boxes. (Not quite how you search for a Wonka ticket, I know)

Haha. I have not pulled an Elite yet. Could've sworn I did way back around '91/'92 ish, but I haven't run into it anywhere in my collection yet.

Bought a 4 box lot on the bay today. 2 Series 1, 2 Series 2 for $27. Not too bad. Watch, I'll pull the Ryan /2500 that I've never tried for lol