`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 Diamond Kings

2017 Diamond Kings
Did anyone open much Diamond Kings this year??? I have always enjoyed Diamond Kings in the past, especially 2002, 2003 etc. I like them since Panini is doing them, but I don't quite feel the same with them as I did with the older.

What did all of you think about the product?? I see on D&A it's approximately $76 per box. Am wondering what to do, as I have a very limited amount to spend to get more bang for my buck.

And, I'm more into the older players and don't really care for the new latest and greatest prospects, rookies, etc. except for Yankees.

Recommendations appreciated. Thank you.
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

RE: 2017 Diamond Kings
I bought a bunch of DK retail, as I did the past 2 years. Didn't get as many 'good cards' as in the past. But there's a ton of old Yankee players in the base set. So that kept me interested.
Also, I think there's been an upswing in amount of retail products this year, which may have distracted me from buying the 'usual' amount of DK this year.
IMO, The DK hobby boxes were always hit and miss, (like all hobby). You might get a no-name rookie that barely made it out of the minors or you get a 1/1 cut auto of Stan Musial. There are Aaron Judge cards in DK and I did pull a Judge and Bird relic from DK earlier this season.
Personally, I'd wait till it goes on a Black Friday sale in a 6 weeks. Be patient and maybe Blowout sells them for $40 a box? Much Better!!!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Thanks DrMitchJ for the suggestions, think I will wait, I can always stand to save money. Are you ready for the big game tonight? Go Yanks!!!!
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

(10-21-2017, 06:48 PM)bamyanks Wrote: Thanks DrMitchJ for the suggestions, think I will wait, I can always stand to save money. Are you ready for the big game tonight? Go Yanks!!!!
I was ready, but our Baby Bombers weren't. Sad They must have left their big bats back in NYC. Some bad breaks for us/good plays for them. It was a good match up. Taking it to Game 7 of the ALCS was much further than I had ever dreamed of in April of this season. A good turn of events. We got to play 14 extra games in October!!
Astros vs Dodgers ... should be a decent WS
Kershaw vs Verlander should be a great opening battle! (At least thats who I would have in the first game)
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.