`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trip to Wrigley

Trip to Wrigley
I spent 10 years living about half a mile from Wrigley Field, so trips there used to be so common I took them for granted. Two and a half years ago, I moved to suburban Philly to get married. My wife and I took a trip back to Chicago last week for the first time since my move, let alone since the Cubs won the World Series. (Yes, it was well overdo!) We spent a morning walking around Wrigley before the crowds got too bad (it was the day Game 4 of the NLDS was supposed to be played before getting rained out).

We got lucky: a lot of the marquee messages are ads now. We got a good one.
[Image: 37710871556_68e58d4f43_n.jpg]

OMG IT REALLY DOES EXIST!
[Image: 37500997440_09e61c489f_n.jpg]
[Image: 37500997790_9c2247de52_n.jpg]

Rings for Santo and Banks
[Image: 37710871746_be1113a5b9_n.jpg] [Image: 37500998280_6ea463fcde_n.jpg]

And some hardware earned by my favorite player.
[Image: 37500996820_8343c8bb06_n.jpg]
[Image: 37710871206_e8e574d28b_n.jpg]
I'm always open to trading.  My wants are varied (multiple sets from 1980 to now and some misc. players) and all my wants are marked.  Open offers welcome!

Trade Scans

RE: Trip to Wrigley
Awesome, man! My kid and I took my dad to a game there for his birthday 4 or 5 years ago. Loved every minute I got to spend in that ballpark!
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

(10-17-2017, 02:54 PM)aprirr Wrote: Awesome, man! My kid and I took my dad to a game there for his birthday 4 or 5 years ago. Loved every minute I got to spend in that ballpark!
You'll have to make a trip back when they're done with the renovations. The whole complex is completely different now and looks incredible!
I'm always open to trading.  My wants are varied (multiple sets from 1980 to now and some misc. players) and all my wants are marked.  Open offers welcome!

Trade Scans

Wow, thats pretty nice that they made rings for Santos and Banks!! Pretty classy, i must say!
It's great that you got to revisit the ballpark. When I lived in NY i went to Yankee Stadium 20-30 times a year and haven't been back since they rebuilt it. I know its 100% new and spectacular based on all accounts, but I think if I go back, I'll be just a little sad. It's The Yankees new home, but not my old hangout any more. New is not always better. I appreciate clubs like The Cubs and Red Sox for keeping their old classic stadiums up and running. I always hoped that The Yankees would have been able to refurb the old stadium one more time. Sad
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(10-18-2017, 06:54 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Wow, thats pretty nice that they made rings for Santos and Banks!! Pretty classy, i must say!
It's great that you got to revisit the ballpark. When I lived in NY i went to Yankee Stadium 20-30 times a year and haven't been back since they rebuilt it. I know its 100% new and spectacular based on all accounts, but I think if I go back, I'll be just a little sad. It's The Yankees new home, but not my old hangout any more. New is not always better. I appreciate clubs like The Cubs and Red Sox for keeping their old classic stadiums up and running. I always hoped that The Yankees would have been able to refurb the old stadium one more time. Sad
One of my biggest regrets is never making it to the original Yankee Stadium before it was torn down. I had a few trips planned, but something always got in the way. There are so few places left with a direct link to the past. As much as I may dislike the Yankees, seeing the home turf of guys like Mantle and Gehrig and Ruth would've been something I'd never forget.

Trade Scans

Oh wow, how nice. Love the pics, especially the one with the marquee and the ones with the ivy in the background. Awesome opportunity, thank you for sharing.
Currently collecting Mike Trout, Bo Jackson and Al Kaline.

Sets for sale or trade:

1998 Leaf Rookies & Stars-- 99.7% complete.
1999 Finest-- Complete.
2000 Bowman Chrome-- Complete.
2001 Studio---97% complete.

(10-18-2017, 07:26 AM)flood and fire Wrote: One of my biggest regrets is never making it to the original Yankee Stadium before it was torn down. I had a few trips planned, but something always got in the way. There are so few places left with a direct link to the past. As much as I may dislike the Yankees, seeing the home turf of guys like Mantle and Gehrig and Ruth would've been something I'd never forget.
Hallowed ground! Imagine being up at the plate in the same batters box as Ruth ???
It's pretty cool that Wrigley and Fenway are still around. Ruth stood in those batters boxes a few times too. More Hallowed ground! Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(10-19-2017, 10:36 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Hallowed ground! Imagine being up at the plate in the same batters box as Ruth ???
It's pretty cool that Wrigley and Fenway are still around. Ruth stood in those batters boxes a few times too. More Hallowed ground! Smile
If anyone ever decides to replace (or rename) Wrigley or Fenway, they'll be run out of town for sure. And not too many people realize that Ruth played at Wrigley. Or that's where his called shot happened.

Trade Scans